Game Thread: Illinois at Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Wisky's offensive is pushing our guys back a good 3 to 4 yards before the running back even hits the hole.

That was the last hope. Stick a fork in them.

How can the corner cover when he's 10 yards away, guy tuns in and wide open. Hanson completely blows his assignment.

LeinieGuy

Will work for bourbon
Lexington, KY
Honest question about our defense: At what point do we stop using the excuse of "they're still very young" and start looking at Hardy Nickerson's ability as a coach and DC?

Deleted member 29907

D
Whitman needs to call for a change in our D strategy, coaching, etc. This is getting old.

I wasn't in favor of burning Rivers' redshirt, but he needs to start from here on out. We have some really good RBs, the QB doesn't need to excel at that as well.

Deleted member 746094

D
Just got home to see WI run 4 plays for 50 yards and a score. If the first 35 were scored that easily we will NOT win another game this year.

I know we are “young” and we are “inexperienced”, but from an assignment standpoint we look to be poorly coached. Same mistakes and same breakdowns in coverage each week. This is due to either 1) lack of preparation 2) or lack of discipline. Both are a sign of poor coaching.

SKane

Tennessee
I was expecting four wins this year.

That is still very possible. I won't say very likely but I can still say very possible.

I'm for all these young men, but i don't know what to say about the defense. Linebackers aren't effective, secondary is ineffective, Roundtree is only guy i like. SCHEME IS AWFUL

IS AWFUL

Deleted member 746094

D
Honest question about our defense: At what point do we stop using the excuse of "they're still very young" and start looking at Hardy Nickerson's ability as a coach and DC?

This is not a Hardy issue. Lovie has built a career on this defensive scheme. You want Hardy gone? If he tells Lovie he won’t coach here unless they switch schemes. Lovie will choose his scheme over any DC every time.

I was expecting four wins this year.

That is still very possible. I won't say very likely but I can still say very possible.

This season comes down to Neb, MN, NW, and Mary. We need to be competitive in all and pick up one win from that group.

Deleted member 29907

D
doubt Whitman is this sort of micromanager. Lovie is going to ride this d to unemployment.
Any AD wanting to keep his job better be helping to manage this - better to have the discussion early rather than firing the whole lot when the D continues to play this way. We give up way to many big runs and have receivers WAY too open for it to be just age. And why not blitz this guy more - giving him time just allows the receiver to sit and plant in an open spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.