Game Thread: Illinois at Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
We need to push the ball and go to the hoop. We are playing at the pace that Wisky wants.

The drive to the basket worked several times and it could lead to foul calls in the second half. I'm calling Dre's number to go to work with Giorgi. Get that going and stay salty on the D.

College basketball is weak this year... Wisconsin is not a top 25 team most years with this talent..Purdue not a top 15 most years with their talent....Duke will be hard to beat

I would take the field.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Tennessee has a great team this year, despite hitting a wall in KY. Rick Barnes is an excellent coach.

Offense flows through Giorgi low not high in the 2nd...his around the rim game will open more uncontested 3 shots. I think we are better overall at those than Wisky actually. Ayo will get his, just not by playing hero ball when we have a lead already?

Deleted member 236589

D
Tennessee has a great team this year, despite hitting a wall in KY. Rick Barnes is an excellent coach.
If Gonzaga can get Tilly back for the tournament (not sure if possible), they along with Virginia are still the teams most equipped to beat Duke.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
That could be a dagger to the heart.

We have to figure out a way to get more offensive, other than the pinch post handoff drives and some early threes..we have gotten nothing
Agree need to attack the rim more, throw is over, or under, the outside, get me fouls on Wisky. In spite of the announcers, I think Wisky is not just shooting poorly, I think the havoc is disrupting their O. Ayo's shoot is just off, really don't look like his legs. Hopefully bad half, good half. Not enough pushing the ball to Giorgi. Make Happ "dance" with Giorgi. But realize Wisc is a good team.

Don't lose faith. Don't lose your spot on that Bandwagon.

Giorgi needs to watch Happ's film of how to handle double teams. EA has become so good at being patient when they come and finding the open shooter.

I have no doubt Giorgi will get there and be lethal when he does.

Deleted member 11241

D
Dude took like 3 shuffle steps before he jumped out of bounds and called TO with the ref looking right at him and they give him the TO

Deleted member 236589

D
Agree..four or five good teams. Not that impressed with VA though
They have very solid, disciplined guards, an NBA caliber big guy, a great coach and they play defense. Those are the ingredients for being a very dangerous and difficult basketball team.

The lack of overall athleticism and a poor shooting night, however, can get them beat by UMBC.

Hit or miss

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Ayo is just off tonight.

Trent is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.