Game Thread: Illinois at Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
7th in the Big 10 west is absolutely appropriate ranking. This secondary is awful

JJE

Bethalto, IL
Lol. You could plug Nick Saban in as the head coach and you would get the same result. This football program will never be good. It's the same thing year after year coach after coach.

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
I hope I eat my words by the end of the season, but I am ready to move on from Lovie. It is one thing to not have the best talent, but we are consistently unprepared and out coached.

So who is the answer? All we are going to end up with is Tim Beckman 2.0.

So who is the answer? All we are going to end up with is Tim Beckman 2.0.
Good question. Don’t have the answer, but I am pretty sure hell is repeating the same stupidity over and over again and not having the ability to change it. We at least have the ability to try and change.

What happened to our stud tight ends? We haven't thrown to anyone but one guy. And those throws have been embarrassingly bad. We've been out played and out coached so far. It never fails, every year I believe all the hype and get excited only to be let down. You'd think at my age I would know better.

Can someone please tell me why Beason, Love, and Williams aren’t getting playing time? Is Cooper getting playing time??

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Am I giving up my Friday evening to watch this Mertz kid launch his Heisman campaign against us?

We know peters can throw. Watch the Michigan state comeback. He is off, won’t doubt that but how about the o-line throws some blocks. Completely outclassed there.

redwingillini11

White and Sixth
North Aurora
Good question. Don’t have the answer, but I am pretty sure hell is repeating the same stupidity over and over again and not having the ability to change it. We at least have the ability to try and change.

My opinion is that although we aren’t good, we at least have a gimmick. We are “Transfer U” with Lovie Ball. It’s not going to be enough to rise to the top half of the big ten, but at least we can catch lightning in a bottle every now and then like last year. If we tear down with a middle of the pack MAC coach, we are going to be set back another 10 years. I’m just not up for that.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
Lol. You could plug Nick Saban in as the head coach and you would get the same result. This football program will never be good. It's the same thing year after year coach after coach.

While I understand the hyperbolic outburst, Whitman went for a big splash to change the culture and perception of the program...and it may not work out in the long run. But, it doesn’t mean it was wrong, and it doesn’t mean he won’t do better with a second try...if it comes to that in the near future.

As for Nick Saban not doing better? That’s even more unbelievable than we will never be good.

My opinion is that although we aren’t good, we at least have a gimmick. We are “Transfer U” with Lovie Ball. It’s not going to be enough to rise to the top half of the big ten, but at least we can catch lightning in a bottle every now and then like last year. If we tear down with a middle of the pack MAC coach, we are going to be set back another 10 years. I’m just not up for that.
Spineless

Status
Not open for further replies.