Game Thread: Illinois vs East Tennessee State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to catch up briefly with an Underwood connection this week. BU loves the quality of scheduled opponents and the L's are not as frustrating as the lack of practice time based on 8 games in 20 days. The team didn't really have proper time to address issues that were popping up as they were exposed in games. Other than lack of frontcourt size, no big concerns with the team or "buy-in". Just needs to find some more maturity after Aaron Jordan

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I guess late to shootaround equals sit one game?

Deleted member 236589

D
Where are all you naysayers? 55-29 with 12+ minutes left...
Are you really calling whoever the "naysayers" are out because we're rolling through East Tennessee State? An ETSU team that due to travel issues, got their uniforms on about an hour before the game?

I'd save your question for when/if we beat a team that finishes in the top HALF of their respective Power 5 conference. Until then, digging your heals in over a game like this looks a little bit silly.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
I’m not watching, so what’s going on with the second half? Are we just coasting, or are we just continuing our bad second half play?

Deleted member 29907

D
AJ's got to get his arc up - his shot gets flatter as the season goes on..

Are you really calling whoever the "naysayers" are out because we're rolling through East Tennessee State? An ETSU team that due to travel issues, got their uniforms on about an hour before the game?

I'd save your question for when/if we beat a team that finishes in the top HALF of their respective Power 5 conference. Until then, digging your heals in over a game like this looks a little bit silly.

To be fair, we have a history of struggling with teams that have travel problems. (Michigan at the conference tourney)

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois

I was agreeing with
Way to have your positive comments ready for the second half.

tenor.gif

I was wondering where all those posters who said we were in danger of losing this game were. I know where our opponent is ranked. It just seems that many posters disappear when the Illini are winning, and very little credit is given to these players who are working their #$@*& off.

Status
Not open for further replies.