Game Thread: Illinois vs Florida Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcrasta2

Class of 2017, Comp Eng
San Francisco, CA
Niang the freshman with 12 rebounds at the half...

Deleted member 29907

D
we have way too many players in no-mans-land during offensive boards.

I’m usually a BU supporter but this is pathetic. I remember when he got hired and everyone said “we will win a lot of games” and “we will score the ball a lot” I’m tired of the excuses. This team is better than this, figure it out.

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
Update from section 224. It's all brutal. Can't shoot. Underwood is yelling aggressively. There's no sign any of them are good at basketball. No offensive scheme. It's a mess. Pop Rocks girls jump rope halftime was most entertaining thing yet.

Deleted member 626650

D
I’m usually a BU supporter but this is pathetic. I remember when he got hired and everyone said “we will win a lot of games” and “we will score the ball a lot” I’m tired of the excuses. This team is better than this, figure it out.

There's only so far the excuse of youth can take you. If they aren't talented enough, it's on him because these are largely his players. If they just don't fit the system it's on him for not adjusting his system or signing players who fit his system.

This is pathetic.

Wonder what’s going to happen if Illini lose this game?

Everyone's body language is brutal outside of Georgi...its like they really just don't care.

Deleted member 11241

D
At some point guys have to start putting the ball through the hoop. The shooting is atrocious. Air balling wide open 3s, missing layups and 2 foot bunnies is 100% on the players and not the scheme

cuillini

San Bernardino, Ca.
We may not win again this year. 0 for the B10. Worst team. Ever.

Deleted member 626650

D
At some point guys have to start putting the ball through the hoop. The shooting is atrocious. Air balling wide open 3s, missing layups and 2 foot bunnies is 100% on the players and not the scheme

If your players don't feel comfortable running the scheme, they'll more often than not miss shots like those. So perhaps they're not good fits for the scheme. In which case, it goes back to being on the coach.

Deleted member 11241

D
If your players don't feel comfortable running the scheme, they'll more often than not miss shots like those. So perhaps they're not good fits for the scheme. In which case, it goes back to being on the coach.

If players don't feel comfortable shooting a wide open 3, or a layup, scheme is not going to matter and maybe they shouldn't be playing college hoops. You cannot blame a scheme for a player missing a layup

whatahack

St. Peters MO

Attachments

• giphy (7).gif
    giphy (7).gif
    544.5 KB · Views: 188
It just seems like this program is doomed. Just a terrible display today at home. They are going to be booed out of the arena.

I have a couch I need to get rid of...Would it be ok if I throw it in the dumpster before the fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.