Game Thread: Illinois vs Florida State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things I don't understand. The staff's love for Tate and why we dribble so much on offense. Our lack of ball movement is baffling.

illinoisfan11

Peoria, IL
Bad teams find a way to lose close games. I've never been this frustrated in my years as an Illini fan.

illinimike

Wheaton, IL
Wow, Malcolm looked lost on that possession. What in the world is our offensive strategy? Dribble, dribble, dribble...

ILLTXCAL

Austin, TX
Little over 3 min left and down by over 10 points....say goodnight

illiniCA

DC Area
Because the other four guys are literally standing around doing nothing

TA and JT dribble without purpose. They aren't attacking or looking to set something up they are just waiting for some else to do something while they avoid pressure.

IlliniFan12

Cedar Falls, IA
This game was so so so so winnable. Groce and Co. should feel ashamed of themselves.

MrOizo

Chicago
Two things I don't understand. The staff's love for Tate and why we dribble so much on offense. Our lack of ball movement is baffling.
I was going to post but you stole my thunder on both points.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I really can't find a single thing to defend Groce with. His sub patterns never make sense, I still have no idea what offense we run, we can't defend the drive a lick, and he plays the wrong guys. It's time for a change!!!!!!

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
and now it's time for hero ball, trying to break double-teams when there are guys clearly open...

Seniors lost this game. Abrams. Hill. Morgan. Tate. :(
At least we got rebounds right?

I am really upset about this team. No intensity at all. On offense or defense. That is both coaching, but also our players. We have all played on teams when only 1 or 2 people bring it. I have been guilty of not having the intensity needed to win at a high level. Seems like our team is filled with guys that just like being out there. You see it on inbounds passes and offense. Everyone goes half speed.

Nice drive Abrams. Sums up the intensity. Wow.

Huizy2

Ballwin, MO
I am still waiting for Groce to teach the team anything related to basketball IQ. I guess the high school and grade school coaches are partially to blame, but other teams seem to learn these things.

Groce about to be 19-44 at Illinois against KenPom Top 100 teams and 3-20 in his last 23

SuperMetroid

Evanston
Other teams seem to be on our guys like white on rice and we can't seem to stay in front of anyone on D

Status
Not open for further replies.