Game Thread: Illinois vs Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
Man, still early, but Giorgi is just fantastic. Can’t wait to see what he’ll look like in year 3 and 4.

Deleted member 746094

D
It is amazing that both teams have kept up this pace. We need to slow it down as our inexperience is starting to show in decision making.

Ryllini

Lombard
It is amazing that both teams have kept up this pace. We need to slow it down as our inexperience is starting to show in decision making.
Take it easy Bruce! We finally have athletes, let em’ play.

Deleted member 29907

D
If we had Trent I'd feel better about wearing them down - now its more even in personnel

Ryllini

Lombard
I don’t think G’Town will be able to keep this pace the whole game. Keep the pressure and pedal to the metal.

Deleted member 746094

D
Ayo needs to realIze he can’t over penetrate and finger roll at this level. I know he isn’t a high flyer, but he has to develope a stop and pop or a floater. Defenses help and recover a lot quicker at this level. He will learn, but right now it is hurting us.

Ryllini

Lombard
How deep in G'town? Bardo seems to think advantage Hoyas at this point....
They seem to be about 8 deep. They are hitting shots, give them credit. We have dialed the pressure back and I can start to see them getting a little looser with the ball. We must take advantage and hit some shots.

G-Town got ALOT of bounces and I can’t remember an open shot they missed, but we’ll see. Really need this win considering our schedule

Really nice half from Giorgi. I guess he got whistled for having the gall to post up while wearing an Illini uniform.

TheAngryBavarian

Charleston/Collinsville
My thoughts at the half.

Great job limiting Govan.
Georgi is a beast.
Quietly decent game for Kipper
They're not bad, but we're better. We just need to play our game (sorry for the coachspeak).

Status
Not open for further replies.