Game Thread: Illinois vs Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 656517

D
Should T. Underwood be in there, or was that just a matter of fouls and missing Trent?

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
The difference is clearly Trent. He infuses the team with confidence and energy. We’re playing well, especially the young guys, but we need just that extra bit of speed that Trent supplies. Not that I think we’ll lose, it’s just a different game with Trent.

Deleted member 236589

D
How deep in G'town? Bardo seems to think advantage Hoyas at this point....
Georgetown's best player and top scorer has two shots (made both). Before the game, if you said Govan would have only 2 shots and they turned it over 10 times, you'd say Illinois would be up 10. Not the case

They shot 60%, that says it all, I did not feel it was poor defense, they made everything

Deleted member 649710

D
Allowing an opponent to shoot 60% on your home court is not a recipe for success.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
entertaining 1st half

Giorgi B. is NOT a project...has high BB IQ
Ayo is silky smooth
Kipper finally showed up last 7-8 mins
Hoyas win battle of bad hair teams
not having Trent will hurt us if foul calls keep going against us
goirgi's last foul was a mystery

just keep pressuring the ball and I think the Hoyas will wear down and we win by 3-5 points

For as much praise as BU has given Kipper, I'm a bit disappointed. I can't even tell if/when he's out there.

Hopefully that changes because he's critical this year if we're to win more than we lose.

Kipper is doing a lot, look past points. Notice how many box outs/ rebounds he has. Helping keep Go an quiet. He also began to score.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I always listen to brian and deon instead of tv announcers.....

B+ so far....

Ayo controls everything and makes it all look easy, over commits at times with drives, but they pan out more than not due to talent, so why not.
Feliz is seeing an athletic long team that is not Juco players....he will adjust I believe.
Jones, Good length on boards, needs to become more confident driving the ball with abilities.
Jordan has to lead by example in the 2nd half
DeLaRosa...good to see on the floor, regardless of outcome on this game
Williams, defense, rebounding, do a little of everything and score some also.
Griffin, good to see him out there, very pure shot
Nichols shows he can handle the load and the size of G-Town...needs to keep asserting himself
Giorgi...TRUE Diamond in the rough, this kid has Augustine type talent, I said it before and I stick with that...by year 4...MAN watch out!

Overall Team play was good - the shooting slump....Akinjo has to be kept out of the lane and specifically the left handed drives, McClung just the opposite, keep him off the right. 2nd half ILLINI heat up from 3 and make it a 13 pt win....

Remember first REAL competition against a team, very close to us, and we are doing it with mostly freshman leading the way.

Deleted member 29907

D
Allowing an opponent to shoot 60% on your home court is not a recipe for success.
Some are layups, but alot contested - GTown really shooting lights out - lets see if they can keep it up.

Surprised we didn't throw a zone in there just to see what it would do to their penetration...

DMW really kept us in the game at the end of the half

Deleted member 746094

D
We are missing Trent. I still think our pressure gets to them for a decent run at some point.

GB is very skilled! Going to be a good one. Need him to keep up the D and keep taking it to their big guy.

Also, de la Rosa fell down at one point and got up slowly favoring the knee. It's so painful to watch him. He's clearly not ready.

Good Kipper showed up halfway through the half.

t7nich

Central IL
Also, de la Rosa fell down at one point and got up slowly favoring the knee. It's so painful to watch him. He's clearly not ready.

Good Kipper showed up halfway through the half.

De la Rosa looks good in warmups. Jumping / Dunking with ease

Ryllini

Lombard
Does AJ have a shot tonight? He has been awfully quiet for a guy who was mentioned on the info for this game as being no relation to Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.