Game Thread: Illinois vs Illinois Wesleyan (Exhibition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly second half, not sure what happened at half time. You can definitely tell there are some freshman on the floor.

sacraig

The desert
Maybe it's a good time to remind everyone of two things.

(1) We have a lot of freshmen playing their first game tonight.

(2) Last year we lost the equivalent game to EIU.

Perspective.

blackdog

Champaign

Perspective.

Compared to last year we look sooooo much better. Talent level is definitely getting to where we want it to be.

So I’ve been listening all night. Here’s what it sounds like, would love those watching to correct where needed:
1. Trent is Trent. #1 alpha dog and deserves to be
2. Feliz can create scoring. Clearly second best offensive player. Defense too?
3. Ayo - not a loud debut but announcers have done some gushing on how smooth he is. Probably a starter, but not the star so far
4. AJ - solid as we knew he would be. My gut says he ends up being the leader oof the bench with minutes on par with any starter
5. Kipper - 1 for 10 start on shooting with at least one missed bunny. Concerning given his existing consistency issues.
6. Georgie- hype was real, dude gets it a lot more than we ever could’ve expected from a #300+ true freshman. That said, fouling will be an issue that could keep his minutes under 20

Other: Griffin can shoot, Kane is raw, TUnderwood getting rewarded for his sit out year with some exhibition minutes

What did I get wrong?
(Edit: Tevian with Kane in the “raw” sept)

Perspective.
True, but also, Wesleyan is not as good as EIU. I don't think it's really close.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Why the hell is the timeout camera always on Wesleyan? Shouldn't B1G station focus on B1G team??

Interesting observation. Listening to Brian Barnhart and Deon, Brian makes it a point to say where in Illinois the IWU players come from when they enter the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.