Game Thread: Illinois vs Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Ok. Tough half. Not much from Trent or kofi. Tighten up D and get them going. Get some life in that building.

We're getting badly outrebounded (IU 20 - UI 12). I think BU will mention that during the half.

Can't put this all on our guys. Have to give Indiana some credit. They are really long and athletic. That's a bad mix for Kofi.

Got to play much better defense! Indiana, is screening them to death and really making them work. Got to keep them off the boards!

Refs were horrible for both sides, we missed bunnies and ft’s, they made every contested shot known to man, all with bad defense, and we’re still tied.

Im ok with our defense. They have 15 points on shots they wont hit in the 2nd half.
Don't know about that..IU must have at least 10 pts on layups, Giorgi once again swiss cheese, Alan watched his man go around him for a layup, Kofi lost his man for a layup...I don't call this good defense. I would venture to say Brad is discussing this right now.

I wasn’t on IL for the half. Watching on my phone from New Mexico. I saw we played hard, they played hard, they got lucky rolls (a few), we got GB and DW to score. About a tie. Look, it IS tied!

Refs were horrible for both sides, we missed bunnies and ft’s, they made every contested shot known to man, all with bad defense, and we’re still tied.
This is going to sound crazy, but if they were horrible for both sides, that's a well officiated game. As long as they're consistent on both ends....can't ask for more than that.

We actually enjoyed the foul differential.

Not sure if it is the broadcast, but crowd isn’t making much noise. I think Orange Krush must be spending most of the time grooming themselves so they can look good making stupid faces when they’re on camera. Need to get SFC loud to help the team and impress recruits.

Trent Fraizer is becoming useless as a scoring threat.

We really need him to be better
I'd rather him not shoot than dribble too much and force shots. IU is on jim and that should get us some looks and driving opportunities. Gotta finish and make those shots. If he has a good look TF should take it but not force it. I prefer Ayo and Feliz in the lane in traffic to Trent on those sets. I think AG will make more of those looks this half

Trent Fraizer is becoming useless as a scoring threat.

We really need him to be better
I 100% agree, with the caveat that Trent does play good defense. I called Barnheart on penny for your thoughts earlier this week to say that I (like everyone else) feel Alan needs to play more. Brian said said That he felt Brad did not want to give up any minutes of DMW minutes. I dont think Alan’s minutes should come from Damonte, rather Trent. Size advantage AG, offense not even in the same league. If Trent can’t make the corner 3 he really gives us nothing on offense at this point. I would argue he is also easy to get a size mismatch on. He and Georgi have to get going for us to make some noise in the dance.

IU got some lucky shots to fall, so we should be ok. Our biggest problem is that we have six contributing players. Thankfully, we only had eight fouls called on us so we’re not in real foul trouble.
We just need better minutes from Kipper and Giorgi. Seems IU scores at Will with those two in the game. Being our third game this week, our six man rotation is very likely to be tired in the second half. That’s my biggest concern.

36-36 at half. Call it for what it is, a high quality college basketball game. Hopefully the home court will take us home over the final 20!

This game going as I feared it might. Indiana is deep with physical talent and shooters....and they are bringing energy and hitting shots while gaining confidence. Fortunately, our guys have played fairly well although Kofi has sucked at the free throw line. Much depends on a step up in defensive intensity on their guards and keeping Kofi out of four trouble and protecting the rim. This should go to the wire or Illini could get in a hole quickly and not recover. Never had a good feeling about this game.

Not sure if it is the broadcast, but crowd isn’t making much noise. I think Orange Krush must be spending most of the time grooming themselves so they can look good making stupid faces when they’re on camera. Need to get SFC loud to help the team and impress recruits.

I feel like our crowd also doesn’t harass officials as much as others. We all know BIG refs are heavily swayed by the home court crowd. I don’t think our crowd ever guilts they refs into calls.

Rad

Nashville, TN
Our offense and rebounding >>> with AG. Our defense is just as good especially considering his rebounding and steals. We have to find him more minutes.

purcy51

Nappanee, IN
Keep driving the basket. Indiana has foul trouble. We'll get em!

Status
Not open for further replies.