Game Thread: Illinois vs Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a tough one. I mentioned in another thread that I don't think Iowa is particularly good, but their strengths really expose our weaknesses.

We really struggle with physical teams. If we can't keep them off the glass, this is going to be a rough one.

Our fans struggle with us playing against physical teams too. The referees being blamed and being the reason we're losing should be in full effect at about page 6 of this game thread.

Hey, at least Steve Bardo is safe for being blamed in this one! He's generally on the hit list too.
I think we actually made it to page 7, lol. 😂

Both coaches and players give Iowa too big of an advantage in this matchup. You may not like Fran...but you better respect what he has done for their program and how he coaches up three star players into effective B1G warriors. Plus their guys can shoot, pass, and handle. Michigan does the same with a bit more athletic players so Iowa will likely go no further after this game.

Honestly, the refereeing has been really good. There's a lot of chippiness going on, a little too much talking and they've kept pretty good control of the game without whistling everything.

Quit turning the ball over!

Status
Not open for further replies.