Game Thread: Illinois vs Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
TJ had to sit because he made 2 threes in a row. When we go bad we go baaaaaad.

Deleted member 236589

D
16 Iowa points off of 9 Illinois turnovers can't happen. For an entire game, fine.....for one half, no

Cook clear as day went over his back. Our last 4 minutes of execution has been awful

Alright boys.... maybe we make some... idk, ADJUSTMENTS at Half Time and come back and win the game???

This is going to be a tough one. I mentioned in another thread that I don't think Iowa is particularly good, but their strengths really expose our weaknesses.

We really struggle with physical teams. If we can't keep them off the glass, this is going to be a rough one.

Our fans struggle with us playing against physical teams too. The referees being blamed and being the reason we're losing should be in full effect at about page 6 of this game thread.

Hey, at least Steve Bardo is safe for being blamed in this one! He's generally on the hit list too.

I think we actually made it to page 7, lol. 😂

Deleted member 4960

D
Turnovers killed us 1st half. Need to cut down on those and quit leaving bohannon open.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
Bohannon is one of those easy to hate guys...just seems like a smug punk. Also either grow an actual beard or shave it...or raise a barn somewhere.

Both coaches and players give Iowa too big of an advantage in this matchup. You may not like Fran...but you better respect what he has done for their program and how he coaches up three star players into effective B1G warriors. Plus their guys can shoot, pass, and handle. Michigan does the same with a bit more athletic players so Iowa will likely go no further after this game.

Deleted member 236589

D
Honestly, the refereeing has been really good. There's a lot of chippiness going on, a little too much talking and they've kept pretty good control of the game without whistling everything.

Quit turning the ball over!

Status
Not open for further replies.