Game Thread: Illinois vs Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11464

D
TJ will get in and tie it up for illinois then BU will take him out

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Both coaches and players give Iowa too big of an advantage in this matchup. You may not like Fran...but you better respect what he has done for their program and how he coaches up three star players into effective B1G warriors. Plus their guys can shoot, pass, and handle. Michigan does the same with a bit more athletic players so Iowa will likely go no further after this game.

tenor.gif

Hot Take: BU puts in Samba, and Samba single handedly ties the game, then makes a silly foul, and BU sits him.

Honestly, the refereeing has been really good. There's a lot of chippiness going on, a little too much talking and they've kept pretty good control of the game without whistling everything.

Quit turning the ball over!

That should've been an over the back on Cook imo

One of our problems is that our guards' dribbling abilities are not as good as they appear to think that those skills are. I always hated the old "drive the lane, throw the ball in the air, and hope for a foul call" offense. Now it seems like we frequently turn it over before we ever even get a chance to throw the ball up in the air. Yes, I'm depressed.

Deleted member 4960

D
Hopefully we can come out of half strong for once and not go down big but go up big!

Honestly, the refereeing has been really good. There's a lot of chippiness going on, a little too much talking and they've kept pretty good control of the game without whistling everything.

Quit turning the ball over!

Aside from the 2 non-calls when Trent was clearly fouled & the Feliz tech

3DegreeIllini

Chicago,IL
I’m hoping we get poised Giorgi and not “must..win...game...no matter what” forcing the issue Giorgi

OVER THE BACK!!!!
Eyy. Late to the party with this one, but as someone who has done some reffing here and there, over the back isn’t actually a real foul. If you don’t push or otherwise affect the rhythm, speed, balance, or quickness of a player, you can reach over them all you want, unless you’re in Europe where a player has verticality all the way to the ceiling.

Good first half. Really streaky play for both teams. I don’t like these types of games because Fran teams always go cold when at the worst times. You can practically set your watch to it. From where I’m sitting Iowa seemed to outplay Illinois more than the score would indicate, but y’all keep getting great transition looks, especially off steals with those handsy guards.

Other than that, weak-!!! technical, but I also thought it was a weak-!!! flagrant that looked a whole lot worse than it was CMac got him in the back, yeah, but I don’t think it was outside expected basketball play.

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
Can we talk about Giorgi absolutely devouring Garza defensively......or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.