Game Thread: Illinois vs Lewis (Exhibition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Way too early observations

1. Lewis is pretty good
2. Kofi appears as advertised
3. Good scoring balance for us
D is still suspect.
guards have to learn how to play together- was tough enough with two of them on floor together last year
Giorgi needs to learn when to shoot and when to pass. He was shoot first always last year.
they will be good if they play more zone.

For those not able to watch:
Giorgi, Feliz, and Trent look as expected (in a good way)
Kipper and Damonte look like last year too (not a compliment)
Ayo has been awful - but who cares, tiny sample size and he’s obviously a great player

Kofi- absolutely monster on rebounding. Owns the post offensively, but missed a couple bunnies. Obviously can’t project success based on how he physically dominates Lewis, but we haven’t had a physical presence like him since... I’m really not sure when.

Alan G has not looked like the guy hyped from the Europe trip so far. Not a lot of minutes/opportunity so far, but not seeing anything different from last year.

Hamlin - couple uneventful minutes

BBV- not seen

For those not able to watch:
Giorgi, Feliz, and Trent look as expected (in a good way)
Kipper and Damonte look like last year too (not a compliment)
Ayo has been awful - but who cares, tiny sample size and he’s obviously a great player

Kofi- absolutely monster on rebounding. Owns the post offensively, but missed a couple bunnies. Obviously can’t project success based on how he physically dominates Lewis, but we haven’t had a physical presence like him since... I’m really not sure when.

Alan G has not looked like the guy hyped from the Europe trip so far. Not a lot of minutes/opportunity so far, but not seeing anything different from last year.

Hamlin - couple uneventful minutes

BBV- not seen
I watched DW’s defense a lot. He’s very solid.

Deleted member 29907

D
KC is, however, really good on the boards. But, the Lewis team is small, so how it translates to larger teams is unknown.
Good on the boards and he's probably altered 3+ shots so far.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Best thing I saw in first half- Kofi feeding Giorgi hi to low. Offense will run thru hi post this year and that frustrating elbow crap will work this year.

Deleted member 3329

D
It got soooo bad in the first half I had to go watch Shark Tank/Chris Cromo for a few minutes!

Deleted member 29907

D
we should be sending 4 to the boards on every shot - Lewis has not fast broken (breaked?) once

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Ok, if Kofi makes that 15’ shot like that.......unstoppable.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Boy I like that screen and hand off from Kofi to Trent.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
When 21 isn’t in 15 shoots immediately. They will figure that out. Same as guards. Lots of scorers. Who we going through. In season will be 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.