Game Thread: Illinois vs Longwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot the ball from perimeter, low fouls and turnovers, please. Not asking for a lot? Many should score tonight.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I want to see them correctly running the offense over and over again. I want to see BU smiling on the sidelines when we're on offense. He should be giddy with our execution against this opponent. No hero ball. Just moving people, moving the ball, and racking up the assists. Make it look good, fellas.

That was a good piece by Werner about AJ, mostly from his Dad Rob. Kudos on both on AJ sticking it out here. Hoping for a great last two years for AJ. Groce's use of AJ, especially last year, was ridiculous IMO (as I said both then and now), benching him altogether for many games and yo-yo-ing him the rest of the time, never giving him more than a minute or two at a time and constantly yanking him over any mistake or yanking him for no reason at all. The results to date this year provide all the indictment one needs to realize Groce and his staff were in over their head. Will be fun to see where the young fella takes it from here the next couple of years. Illini for life AJ!

That was a good piece by Werner about AJ, mostly from his Dad Rob. Kudos on both on AJ sticking it out here. Hoping for a great last two years for AJ. Groce's use of AJ, especially last year, was ridiculous IMO (as I said both then and now), benching him altogether for many games and yo-yo-ing him the rest of the time, never giving him more than a minute or two at a time and constantly yanking him over any mistake or yanking him for no reason at all. The results to date this year provide all the indictment one needs to realize Groce and his staff were in over their head. Will be fun to see where the young fella takes it from here the next couple of years. Illini for life AJ!

Yes !!
I too have been thinking of just how heroic AJ has been to stick with the Illini given the path that he has taken. Very proud of him and wishing for only the best.

If you've ever seen AJ's GF, you'll understand why he was never leaving UI.:)

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
Finke into double digits with his second 3. Then... a foul on Finke.

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
Nice put back by Vesel!

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Casey’s breakfast pizza > Cayce’s shot

Status
Not open for further replies.