Game Thread: Illinois vs Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defensive style plays to Marshall's strengths.

Actually I think pressure and deny defense guards 3pt-oriented team well. The difficulty is to guard teams with athletic and skillful bigs (the paint is usually very empty). We are not rotating well today.

Trakis

Chicago, IL
Who can I tweet at to complain about this BTN+ camera work? Stop with the baseline shots.

I don't understand why Alstork is not left in game. He needs time to find rhythm. Is he making mistakes on defense?

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Marshall already with 5 fouls to our 1. Could favor us big time in the second half. We have more depth than them.

chrisRunner7

Spokane, WA
can we stop with the constant under the basket cam?

Yes, for real. We've got an aspiring Orson Welles controlling the BTN+ cameras... just give me the normal side view, please. :tsk:

nm3

ohio
Who can I tweet at to complain about this BTN+ camera work? Stop with the baseline shots.

i would like to follow the flow of the offense instead of shaky came following the ball all over

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
So the kids that announced the first btn plus broadcast are clearly producing this one.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
That's why Alstork is struggling, dribble around too long then take a poor shot.

That's why Alstork is struggling, dribble around too long then take a poor shot.

He had a much better shot a few dribbles before but passed on it. Had the ball in a good spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have been an over the back call there.

My understanding is that "luck rating" measures the difference between how we should be performing, based upon our Kenpom ranking and other ratings, and our actual performance to date.

Our high luck rating tells us that we are significantly overperforming right now. It could be because we are currently under-ranked. It could be because the kenpom stats are failing to capture something our team is doing to succeed. It could be because we are primed to fall back to earth soon.

Personally, I think we're currently under-ranked. But I've been accused of being biased on occasion. :illinois:

So a luck rating is trying to find some justification that computer rankings aren't perfect?:confused:

t7nich

Central IL
This team does not have great speed. We need to drive drive drive

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
Keep getting some stops and we can break this open.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
He had a much better shot a few dribbles before but passed on it. Had the ball in a good spot.

Yep, a lot of indecision early on from him. Finke seems to hold the ball a little too long as well. Can't wait til' they are comfortable and crisp.

blackdog

Champaign
KN doing a great job of drawing fouls and getting to the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.