Game Thread: Illinois vs Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 min left in the half. 7 point lead.

Overall, I think we're playing very well. Marshall is better than expected. Still, we should win. Our three FR guards look very good so far. Alstork more solid today, too. If my count is correct, we have just two turnovers so far.

Alstork looks fine on defense. But still not happy with what I’m seeing from him on offense. B1G will eat him up with these recent performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS call on AJ..that was great defense yet again on elmore from him

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Gotta come out and put the pedal down in the second half. Drive, drive, drive.

up ten at half, would be nice to get a 20 pt win
just noticed next few games all on big ten plus, bummer

This always happens to the Illini and I hope I'm wrong. If the Illini start extending the lead look for the refs to call a barrage of calls against us to let Marshall into the game. It always happens to us, ALWAYS....

GallopingGhost

Denver, CO
We could come out with some fire in the second half thanks to how we ended. They are shooting really great from the 3 line and we still are ahead.

JSpence

Evansville, IN
Good finish to the half!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like damonte's hustle
Smith/Nichols playing well on O
AJ not shooting it well today but again is finding other ways to contribute with boards and D
GOod to see alstork hit his only 3 but he still seems to be tentative out there

GallopingGhost

Denver, CO
This always happens to the Illini and I hope I'm wrong. If the Illini start extending the lead look for the refs to call a barrage of calls against us to let Marshall into the game. It always happens to us, ALWAYS....

The refs have no investment against one team or another. Maybe it's more how we play in the beginning of the second half after getting a lead?

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
The 3 FR guards played together the last several minutes of the half. Give them one full year of playing together in this system and it's going to "start" looking like 2004-2005 again.

Personally, I like Trent at PG more than TJL. Better handles, better shooter, plus he can hit the three.

And BU is starting to settle on a 9-man rotation. Kipper is the back-up 4/5.

The 3 FR guards played together the last several minutes of the half. Give them one full year of playing together in this system and it's going to "start" looking like 2004-2005 again.

Personally, I like Trent at PG more than TJL. Better handles, better shooter, plus he can hit the three.

And BU is starting to settle on a 9-man rotation. Kipper is the back-up 4/5.

I like Frazier. He will be great with some time in the weight room. TJL with better rebounding and court vision and defense. Frazier with better handles, faster and better shooter. He will get there sooner than later.

Black stays on 0 foul. Good sign

Status
Not open for further replies.