Game Thread: Illinois vs Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlliniRon

Illini Basketball Fan Forever
Ft Worth, Texas
Nice to see this offense with Smith, Williams, Alstork and Nichols taking the ball to the hoop so much, rather than passing it around and taking 3's all the time. Smith and Williams both seem pretty physical in there for freshman guards. Looks like we have a pretty good rebounding team as well, despite some lapses here and there.

Also, glad to listen to Barnhart and Thomas online, rather than that other broadcasing team.

The 3 FR guards played together the last several minutes of the half. Give them one full year of playing together in this system and it's going to "start" looking like 2004-2005 again.

Personally, I like Trent at PG more than TJL. Better handles, better shooter, plus he can hit the three.

And BU is starting to settle on a 9-man rotation. Kipper is the back-up 4/5.

I think we need Greg to fight Happ/Haas for at least few minutes. He won't play perimeter oriented team like this - I assume he's not moving fast enough on roation

I think we need Greg to fight Happ/Haas for at least few minutes. He won't play perimeter oriented team like this - I assume he's not moving fast enough on roation

Greg E will have to chase Happ out to the 3 point line and play some D outside of 15 feet. Not so much with Haas...more just denial from him to get the ball otherwise it would be automatic for him inside of 5 feet.

Nichols auditioning for that starting spot. Alstork needs to get aggressive working inside, get to the bucket or line

Nice energy from the team, guys flying at the rim. Been missing this for a long time. Even when they are not playing that great, it's fun to watch.

Thankfully the Augustana and North Carolina Central games will also have Barnhart and Thomas doing the audio for the BTN Plus broadcasts.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I guess it's almost an afterthought now, but no problems whatsoever with their press.
It's not WV, but no issues at all.

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
Anybody recall Frankie's FR season? DaMonte (as a FR) is so much under control and a lot less "flashy" than his Dad. Solid --- is the best word I can use to describe his play.

Anxious to see how he'll develop over the next 2-3 years.

Oh no they have another elmore:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.