Game Thread: Illinois vs Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

azillini1

Scottsdale
GB played a what seemed like 4 or 5 minutes with 2 fouls. At least we get GB, Kofi, and Frazier back to start the 2nd half.

Bardo turned into Dakich so slowly I barely even noticed
That’s ridiculous. All the people in this thread hating on him and thinking that, as an announcer for a major TV station, he would show favoritism towards the school he played for are ridiculous. Dakich is a failed coach who, through his announcing, shows why he failed. No comparison.

I just realized we did have 3 starters sitting that last 10 minutes of the half with 2 fouls each.. Kofi, Gorgi and Frazier.. I'm happy to be up 2 when I sit back and take that in

The fact that we've let them back to within 1 possession is semi unacceptable. But we had 2 of our best players out during MD's comeback so hopefully we can get back on track in the 2nd.

Maybe.... we could decide to... ya know, beat the Zone?
And hit our FT’s?

azillini1

Scottsdale
WOW... they shot 60% in the first half. We won most other categories except poor FT shooting.

If Maryland goes small at the 4 I wish we would post GB n surround him with Ayo, TF and a shooter.. it w irked early n git a few good looks when nbn they doubled GB and Kofi

JSpence

Evansville, IN
Trent & Kofi foul trouble hurt us

Yup, lots of things did. With guys in foul trouble and Maryland only missing TEN official shots including free throws, they give up a last-second three and still have the lead. Underwood's hands were fairly tied.

Mark my words, Maryland is currently in the locker room making blood sacrifices to keep momentum.

Yeah, you gotta be strategic, but I hate auto-sitting your zone-busting guard there. Trent has earned some trust at this point.

The risk of a third foul is not worth giving up a huge run and giving them momentum into the half imo. Ayo has been quiet and we need to scheme inside touches as soon as we are past the top of the zone we've been getting easy layups

We need our D to play like it did in the first 10. Didn't like how they were able to dictate the play of game away from our strengths. Credit to them though.

Great move by Maryland going to a couple different zones cause they had no chance guarding us in man to man

I feel like the first five minutes of the second half will decide this. Maryland was awfully hot to end the half. If they keep it rolling we’re in trouble. If they come out 40%, I think we run it back up to double digits... and this time we don’t give it up at the end.

illiniorphan

Centralia
They should cool off and we'll get Trent and Kofi back. Need to get Kofi the ball more inside. Missed too many free throws and easy shots around the basket. Give Maryland some credit, they look like a top ten team and if we can beat them so will we.

Status
Not open for further replies.