Game Thread: Illinois vs Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 652352

D
Well..... sometimes you have to take a game like this and burn the tape. Move on. They have two top 5 teams lined up next....don't have much time for speeches or cliches.

I'd hope the players have learned a life lesson here.

we did that 3 games ago

LeinieGuy

Will work for bourbon
Lexington, KY
When this game is said and done, I honestly don't want positive good vibes throughout the team and coaching and that whole nonsense of everyone "having everyone's back" and kumbaya and "'we're not listening to outsiders, only ourselves". NONSENSE. It's time to get pissed off and start pointing fingers at fellow players. Guess who did that a lot and it turned things around? As much as I hate them: The Patriots. It's also time to start telling the coach that some of his stuff is BS, and that this isn't working. Good teams don't sit around massaging each other's egos and being sensitive. They get pissed the F off when things aren't going as they should. And then they come out firing.

Ayo a lottery pick???? No way -- not even close.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
They ought to try the hand-off at the elbow so the guard can dribble into a double team in the corner, then pass it out again with no mismatch created... Play.

Deleted member 652352

D
Griffin is absolutely destroying us right now.

LJ22

Chicago, IL
There's always something to be said about scheduling. While Miami was playing Louisville, Florida and UConn...we were lighting it up vs The Citadel, Grand Canyon, Hampton, Hawaii, Nichols and Lindenwood. One team looks prepared and the other looks surprised at the speed of the game. That's the downside of playing cupcakes.
We didn't even light it up against Nichols, actually.

And this is what happens when you come out with 0 effort and play like you don’t care about winning.

Deleted member 652352

D
He's not helping, but in his defense....I would say that this has been a letdown spread fairly evenly amongst all.
We’ve had moments where a stop or two would cut things to 10. And then...brain fart.

Wasn't expecting a sock commercial tonight. Let alone with Boomer Esiason, truly riveting night.

Deleted member 652352

D
A decade of this sh**

tenor.gif

PostersLastStand

Wayne County, IL
I saw where Louisville is number 1 in the polls. In life cheaters (are) never (suppose) win, but in the NCAA cheaters always win. I had to divert my anger for a minute.

They ought to try the hand-off at the elbow so the guard can dribble into a double team in the corner, then pass it out again with no mismatch created... Play.

Or do that Harlem Globetrotters-like weave thing at the top of the key that moves the ball back and forth for ten seconds and then leaves the ball right where it was with no open lane for a drive to the hoop, no space for the man with the ball to shoot, and no cutters to the basket.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
I saw where Louisville is number 1 in the polls. In life cheaters (are) never (suppose) win, but in the NCAA cheaters always win. I had to divert my anger for a minute.
Doesn't seem to hurt a program much, does it?

WHAT THE HELL IS COCKBURN DOING OUT AT THE TOP OF THE KEY ON DEFENSE?????

Feliz is so greedy with the ball. Does he not know how to pass the ball?
You know it's a thorough beating when you scroll down the thread and each player has been pointed out at least once for their poor play Lol. You have Feliz covered. I got Frazier covered early. Griffin got it not too long ago. Ayo and Giorgi both had their mentions.

(Sigh)

Edit:. Kofi just got his post.

Again, Giorgi's the only one getting the ball to Kofi. The rest of the guys are too busy doing their "look at me" razzle dazzle routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.