Game Thread: Illinois vs Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

t7nich

Central IL
Tev gets a quick 10 seconds on the floor.

I expected more from Feliz and Damonte this year. Minimal contrbutions. Trent.. I don't get..think there is not enough scoring threats on floor which allows defense to help on him. We are teetering..DLR bucket mot pretty but keeps us in neighborhood

Agree, neither has been close to a dependable jump shooter....and especially Damonte has that talent but needs to become automatic. Not sure why he is missing so many as well as passing up opportunities but Illini sure need him to step it up and soon. We will need him in star mode next year. He plays smart and does many things well, but many of his good plays go unrewarded by blunders of his teammates. Highest BBIQ on the team but maybe lowest in self-confidence/image. No need for that....he has star abilities.

I am a broken record...but the mental mistakes by this team are just killers...how many out of control unforced errors do we make in a game

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I wish they would play with more confidence. Maybe that comes with age and experience but we need some swagger.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Good lord....Kipper?? He looked like a baby deer trying to cross a frozen lake while holding a baby.

Don't want to pile on, but our execution isn't close to good enough to challenge Michigan.

Deleted member 649710

D
Just don't have the horses to hang with the #2 team. That said, I haven't been super impressed by Michigan.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Michigan plays with such poise and precision. they have a lot of contributors. Everything is crisp and quick - even against us - we excel at making sharp teams look sloppy. They are fun to watch.

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
In terms of points allowed, this team is making progress. Hopefully at some point we can see some progress on the offensive side as well.

We take more awkward shots than any team in country.. particularly kipper...we need better offense...this offense does not get people open shots...or maybe we just don't have enough talent. The Giorgi pinch post handoff should go to cellar

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Seriously, I don't want to be too doom and gloom because this team is so...so freaking close. Imagine the difference in this game Kofi and January would make. Even as freshman. Teskue sp? would not be dominating like this.

Everyone said we were going to get blown out. I know the loss sucks, but we did not get blown out vs the number two team in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.