Game Thread: Illinois vs Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Bhebhe has been one of the few bright spots this year. Reminds me of Walter Young. Not laterally fast but still somehow gets open regularly and uses his height and verticality to win balls.

Deleted member 8632

D
Comical we call a timeout to try and get the ball back.

My kid had a swim meet during this game. From the sound of this thread, I’m sure glad I’m not in front of the TV.

Deleted member 4960

D
Fire Lovie now! And the OC. Healthy veteran o line and we can’t run or pass.

Never seen a defense this bad. Never, except for last years and the year before. D-line rarely holds the line of scrimmage, linebackers don't plug the gaps and the secondary seem to be everywhere except near the receiver. The coaching has been bad, but i also don't think the Illini have the team speed needed on defense or strentgh.

Do we need more talent, YES! However, we are not 4 to 5 TD’s worse in talent than our competition. We are out coached by 3 to 4 TD’s week in and week out. JW it is now on you. There is no “hard-right” decision here. It is the easiest decision you will make in what should be a long tenure at your alma mater!

In any other game to date this would be applicable but not today. Michigan 110% is 4-5 TDS more talented than we are (If you care to judge it that way).

Deleted member 746094

D
In any other game to date this would be applicable but not today. Michigan 110% is 4-5 TDS more talented than we are (If you care to judge it that way).

I agree here. I was more so referencing the B10 West. I don’t see the MN game being an anomaly. Iowa, Purdue, and MSU are going to do the same thing to us that Fleck and company did.

I agree here. I was more so referencing the B10 West. I don’t see the MN game being an anomaly. Iowa, Purdue, and MSU are going to do the same thing to us that Fleck and company did.

Ah, gotcha. That would be something I would agree with.

Even our punter has been bad...Isaiah had some zip on the ball..but Butterfingers Smalling only catches about 50% of balls he should..our offensive line...Lowe has three or four penalties himself...our talent level is below average, our coaches don't do anything to scheme us up... Rutgers 50% probability..nothing else

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Lol we're gonna cover and people are gonna claim this is progress.

Michigan is really awful on offense.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
We really rope-a-doped these guys. Michigan is already on the plane home. If we were any good at all we'd win.

Of course if we were any good, Michigan wouldn't have gotten into their hammocks in the first quarter.

Last edited:
Even our punter has been bad...Isaiah had some zip on the ball..but Butterfingers Smalling only catches about 50% of balls he should..our offensive line...Lowe has three or four penalties himself...our talent level is below average, our coaches don't do anything to scheme us up... Rutgers 50% probability..nothing else

No, that Rutgers game will be a lot higher than that. Not that it means anything.

Deleted member 651864

D
I have a problem. I still think in my head how can we get back into the game. What medication does everyone recommend for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Bet everything in the world on Wisconsin to cover next week. The line's gonna be 10 points too low.

I wish we had a freak athlete WR we could throw to in goal line when he has a 1 on 1 mismatch

We got'em on the ropes!

Just when I’ve given up...
7256B2EF-5EF0-467B-91EB-BEBECC7C6CBC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.