Game Thread: Illinois vs Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol we're gonna cover and people are gonna claim this is progress.

Michigan is really awful on offense.
You’re coming off hypocritical. You were the one saying “wait for two weeks”, in reference to Lovie’s firing, and presumably saying how we would be exposed and blown out in this game as compared to the rest. You can’t play both sides gritty. First we will get exposed b/c of our weak schedule thus far, now when we do alright you say “people are gonna claim this is progress”. You offer no positive spin on anything, yeah we’re pretty bad, but that pessimism regardless of what happens is a straight bummer.

So where are the blowout blowhards now? And before anyone flames me, see my post (UILaw71) on Illini Board this morning.

FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY

STING LIKE A BEE

There is some alternate universe where Harbaugh gets fired before Lovie....

Unpopular opinion time here. I'm gonna say this: Winning this game buys Lovie time, but it still raises the question "where has this been in the two games we lost by a total of 7 points". If we win, being 3-3 is nice, but when we could be 5-1, it's still super depressing.

Of course, let's see if we come back to win this game.

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
It is hard to believe that these two teams can look so different from one half to the other. Harbaugh is in serious danger if he can't beat us.

If Lovie stays he has to figure out how to get a team out there to play two full halves at their best. If we pull this off it only means we misplayed the first half. It is just a mystery how two halves can be so different.

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
And I am not for Lovie staying but if this is a win he has made an argument for staying that might work.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Generally this would be the point that everything collapses as they score 2 extremely easy touchdowns. Would be happy to see a change now.

And I am not for Lovie staying but if this is a win he has made an argument for staying that might work.

Disagree. Year four every game should be competitive like this. Especially at home. The Lovie experiment still needs to end. Soon.

Michigan has imploded. It’s fun to watch. Like being in an alternate reality.

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
Disagree. Year four every game should be competitive like this. Especially at home. The Lovie experiment still needs to end. Soon.

Michigan has imploded. It’s fun to watch. Like being in an alternate reality.

I agree the argument should not succeed. I just fear it might. The experiment has definitely gone off the rails.

Milan down. That’s not good. He’s the anchor and the only really sound defensive player we have.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
You’re coming off hypocritical. You were the one saying “wait for two weeks”, in reference to Lovie’s firing, and presumably saying how we would be exposed and blown out in this game as compared to the rest. You can’t play both sides gritty. First we will get exposed b/c of our weak schedule thus far, now when we do alright you say “people are gonna claim this is progress”. You offer no positive spin on anything, yeah we’re pretty bad, but that pessimism regardless of what happens is a straight bummer.

If I'm wrong that Michigan let up after about three drives because of how embarrassing we were and don't have their heads in it, and what we've seen this half is representative of the quality of the team, we'll stick around against Wisconsin, blow out Purdue, and then everything looks different.

I don't think I'm wrong.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Really smart strategy going for the 4th down there earlier.

Or I should say, completely obvious strategy that most football coaches screw up.

If I'm wrong that Michigan let up after about three drives because of how embarrassing we were and don't have their heads in it, and what we've seen this half is representative of the quality of the team, we'll stick around against Wisconsin, blow out Purdue, and then everything looks different.

I don't think I'm wrong.
I can definitely see that. Michigan has been sleepwalking after how bad we looked first half. But i am still impressed that we actually scored let alone put up 25 points on their defense with our 3rd string QB. In respect to the Lovie era no it’s not great, but in terms of this game alone, there is at least some optimism in terms of our term, not the coach

Well, all hope is lost now.

I can definitely see that. Michigan has been sleepwalking after how bad we looked first half. But i am still impressed that we actually scored let alone put up 25 points on their defense with our 3rd string QB. In respect to the Lovie era no it’s not great, but in terms of this game alone, there is at least some optimism in terms of our term, not the coach

3rd string QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.