Game Thread: Illinois vs Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how many folks will post on this thread.

My wife thinks I am insane to watch Illinois football.

Time to send some row boats up the creek without their paddles.

Ok Lovie, your turn!

Jester87

Austin, TX
Anyone else watching on BTN2go getting static in their audio?

Minnesota might not have to throw the ball the whole game - this game will come down to the Illinois defense forcing turnovers. If Minnesota turns it over a couple of times and Illinois plays a clean game, there is a chance.

If not.... I don't know if the defense will force a punt.

Deleted member 746167

D
Our defensive line just doesn’t have a clue on their assignments. Avery looks lost and we don’t ever get any push. Makes it tough to stop anything. Youth on the def line is the biggest problem with our defense

Minnesota might not have to throw the ball the whole game - this game will come down to the Illinois defense forcing turnovers. If Minnesota turns it over a couple of times and Illinois plays a clean game, there is a chance.

If not.... I don't know if the defense will force a punt.

Yep and had our shot on that jump ball and couldn't make the play. Those are plays we have to have to win

Agreed. But wouldnt it be more hurtful if we sent them down a creek ... I have never understood that phrase.
"up a creek" = going against the current

"down a creek" = going with the current

It takes more energy to go against the current then it does going with the current.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
It's like our offense is playing against our defense!!

Kendrick Green will be in NFL. Not only did he get to second level on block but he was running stride for stride with defender

Deleted member 746167

D
Maybe our game plan is to tire out their offense?! :sneaky:

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Now time to watch the defense let Minnesota walk down the field for 6 yards a carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.