Game Thread: Illinois vs Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winged Warrior
Hot take.....Ayo might not even be our best player tonight. *cough*Giorgi*cough*

Reactions: spillini and Deleted member 11241
A lot of talk about Tevian, AG and Samba getting more tick. Do you put them in and leave them to play this out just for the experience?

Normally I’d say yes, but I really want 100

Springfield
Hey Coach Pitino...welcome to Illini world where every break goes to the other team. Not tonight. Minny is playing hard and trying to be aggressive but this is not their style of play. Nightmare helter skelter hoops is paying off for Illini tonight.

My dudes. This is incredible. I hope Ayo and Giorgi don’t go 1-2 in the draft.

Tonight confirms for me that I am too invested in Illini basketball. No one should be this happy about win #5 on Jan 16.
yes....a winning streak started. We are optimistic on a game board and recruiting board at the same time, which is first time in a long while.

Reactions: IllinistuckinGopherland
Winged Warrior
Samba Kane with a little....

Reactions: Illini in Indiana
Ayo/Giorgi combo becoming very reliable.

Tev/Griff/Samba is what you expect from top 150 talent. They just need to develop in numerous aspects. But their is talent there, just not at the Ayo/Giorgi level.

Nice to see Higgs back with the team tonight. Wasn't sure if he was coming back to school.

Reactions: Tacomallini
Ayo/Giorgi combo becoming very reliable.

Tev/Griff/Samba is what you expect from top 150 talent. They just need to develop in numerous aspects. But their is talent there, just not at the Ayo/Giorgi level.
Yet.

Every scholarship player has scored....except for Kipper.

Kipper played a selfless game, several tough rebounds and defense. A glue player today.

Reactions: the national, TheGMan, BoJack Underwoo and 1 other person
How on earth do we come close to scoring 100 and Kipper has 0 points? haha, anyways, I can't put into words how refreshing it is to see us not only win, but beat down a pretty decent Minnesota team. Much much needed W

I very much like the "bench" cheering, laughing, and clapping - much deserved

Reactions: chiefini
Status
Not open for further replies.