Game Thread: Illinois vs Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again playing with no effort. No excuse not to give 100% effort every game. Says a lot about the type of players we have.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Yet when we beat #5 at home, it's all because of the players and BU gets passing reference.
If we play like that more often, the player/coach and praise/blame ratio will even out. But now that you mention it I remember quite a bit of praise for our gameplan to chase them off the three point line.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
It's becoming clear that BU is not a high D1 coach. Have to be able to coach defense and game plan effectively. His good (not great) season at Okla St appears to be the anomaly. Too bad. Really thought he was a good hire at the time.

Loss to Miami + loss to Missouri = no NCCA tourney invite that is on the coach and the players, the football team appears to have figured it out I hope our basketball coach can do the same he has the talent now he has to produce but in all fairness to him he does not have a point guard and they rule the college game. Feliz is not a PG he is a combo guard with the emphasis shooting. Horrible decision maker and is a shoot first one at that combo at that Mizz has exposed them as the lack of jump shooters that they are pack it in against Kofi and dare them to beat you...……..

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
If you’re not able to get up for this game then I don’t know what to say besides Underwood is not doing his job. SOFT

If we lose we lose, if we win we win - but how can you play Michigan like you did and then come out and play like this?
Michigan was a home game. Winning away from home requires mental toughness, generally out of the guard position.

I'd say that mentally, this is a soft group.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
When you can't score, any opponent's game plan looks pretty solid

Defensively we aren't playing that bad at all.. Offensively, we are trash.. Normally at this time in the game we are around 50-55 points

Getting our coached by clownzo isn’t a good sign either... leaving 3 point shooters open.. not boxing out.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
It's just hilarious how we refuse to hold the players accountable for a miserable effort, but immediately blame the coach and the refs.

BU is 0-0 from the field with 0 rebounds, 0 asst., and 0 turnovers.

The refs put us in the bonus with 14 FRIGGIN' MINUTES LEFT! And everybody is still standing around watching the ball.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Miznoz is abusing the Illini. Our guys look intimidated. It feels very bad to watch this

Why do I torture myself into thinking each call that goes our way or basket we score might be *it*?! God, Tilmon has 4 fouls with this much time left; how are we not making up more ground?!

Status
Not open for further replies.