Game Thread: Illinois vs Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcer said that Kippers absence recently is partially due to the emergence of Illinois young talent....ahhh.....hadn't thought of that

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
How many times can we take a timeout to set up a play that results in a 28 ft three? Can we get something going to the basket? Please.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Neb shot poorly but they rebounded well. we fouled too much. still up 9. if kipper shows up again and giorgi can stay on the floor we should win this game.

Every team seems able to drive the lane on us. fouls may come back to haunt us again.

Halftime observations:
1). 6th man Kipper has been a revelation
2). Alan Griffin minutes - not great on D, but playable, and offensively positive over Damonte.
3). Awful stretch from about 16:00 to 12:00, but still winning easily at half. Just avoid any “0-for-X-minutes” stretches in the second half and we wear them down and win big
4). I almost always think this board is ridiculous on ref-blaming, but wow have we been jobbed so far. No argument on the calls on us, but they’ve missed 5-10 obvious ones the other way. Highlighted by Kipper’s 3 that was six feet short, but not called tipped (it wasn’t) or foul (it was).
5). Almost forgot -Trent is really back and that’s awesome

Let’s get this.

Agreed, but Nebraska has fouled more than they've gotten called for.
I agree of both of these statements. It's not too surprising given the number of freshman. Giorgi had a tough call where he was a little out of position. Damonte needs to work on staying out of foul trouble. We need his defense especially toward the end of the game if we are sitting on lead. Griffin got a cheapie after making a bad play. Growing pains......

It seems as if after every good play Griffin makes, he then makes a dumb foul

nm3

ohio
That woman who can’t stay in her seat in the lower left view of my screen... the worst
She does like to dance around like she is Bruce Weber or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.