Game Thread: Illinois vs Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini80

Forgottonia
What was Green’s injury? I thought he was a late scratch last week? I haven’t seen the injury reports this week, but thought he would be back.

Deleted member 19448

D
This pregame music on the pa is next level awful.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
We have a 25.9% chance of defeating Nebraska tonight.

I once read on a Hooter's condiment package that 53.9% of statistics are made up, so, we have that going for us, which is nice.....

Deleted member 19448

D
I assume it hasn’t changed since the mid-2000s. Random mix of 80s, 90s, and early 2000s “hits”?
No mostly current stuff. At least I think it is. Lots of rap and similar that probably 80% of the crowd doesn’t recognize. Some stuff with words that had to be bleeped out.

breadman

Herndon, VA
How about that! Nebby's marching band is in attendance. Very cool!

Radio: "NE D has played the worth of 6 games worth of downs"

Looks like IF our O can keep them running game long, We have a great chance. They have no depth.

Deleted member 746167

D
Sitting in the stands listening to the entire stadium clap Nebraska chants?!!! What in the hell is going on here? I was walking into the game being taunted by the Nebraska band. My buddy who has never been to a game thinks he is in Lincoln, NE.

Why is this allowed? Whitman, please put a stop to this. Embarrassing....

Deleted member 716187

D
Going to find out just how bad the coaching staff and team is tonight. Nebraska 49 ILL 17

Last edited by a moderator:
How bad is it really with the Nebraska fans there? Is it to the extent that the Illini fans are outnumbered?

I'm sure it's jarring having so many enemy fans there but hoping people are overestimating and it's well under half of the crowd.
EDIT: Either way, hope the home fans step up and drown out the Huskers faithful.

I cannot see the upper deck from my spot, but the rest of the stadium looks fuller than it’s been in a long time (for whatever that’s worth).

A crap ton of Nebraska fans though...

22B62A4C-8B56-4BD1-8941-EE2E11AF9C3F.jpeg

No mostly current stuff. At least I think it is. Lots of rap and similar that probably 80% of the crowd doesn’t recognize. Some stuff with words that had to be bleeped out.

In my opinion, that’s a good thing. The best environments in the Big Ten, having been to about all of them, were the ones that played more upbeat music, typically modern pop and rap. Illinois used to have the lamest playlist (Third Eye Blind, REM, etc) for a pregame playlist—though some good music when trying to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.