Game Thread: Illinois vs Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryllini

Lombard
What a joke! Take it to the half, our defense is awesome. Let’s not let Rod’s have a chance to shine.

The Illini wuss out at the end of the half. I'm too scared to watch what is going to happen.

Yeah, why try to run another play that someone might break for a touchdown when you have such a stout defense and are up by 7.

Deleted member 656517

D
The playcalling at the end of the half there proves they don't have confidence in Peters
With that being said we have 1v1 coverage on the outside give the receiver a chance to make a big chunk play to let our kicker boom one through the uprights before half

Walked off the field with our tail between our legs. Got a bad feeling about the second half. Nebraska gave us 2 touchdowns, and we haven’t managed to really pull away with them.

What the hell was that??????? We’ve got great receivers and a kicker with a leg and Corbin and we’re at the 40 with 30 seconds to go and we elect not to try to score??????? What???

the national

the Front Range
To me, Peters has one long pass downfield and botched it. I better Rod doesn’t think Peters has it in him. But they could always run it up the middle?

Deleted member 654622

D
I'm 45 min behind, so not reading forward. But just saw AJ Bush on the sideline! For all the reasons to kick the crap out of Nebraska, letting AJ see it like that would be great. Regardless of his arm, he was a leader and he worked his butt off for us

Wow.....not giving the offense a shot there shows that Lovie has zero confidence that his quarterback isn't going to do something stupid. In a game where they're probably going to have to score 40 to win....that was too conservative.
I'm guessing risk/reward percentage.

The playcalling at the end of the half there proves they don't have confidence in Peters
Peters looked very unhappy when he looked to the sideline and was told to run out the clock. Guess Lovie thinks a 7 point lead is enough with his stout defense to protect it. 300+ yards for Neb in first half.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I'm ok at the end there not throwing on an obvious throwing play......but I damn sure would hand it to Corbin again. He pops off 15-20 and you get a 50yd kick.

Ryllini

Lombard
I cannot believe any of you are complaining with having a lead at halftime. My lord..

I’m happy with the lead, but if you haven’t noticed they are starting to move the ball with ease. They just happened to have a penalty on their last drive a stalled.

Our team was a bit rattled at the end of the half, and Lovie opted to preserve a 7 point lead rather than slinging it around and getting it picked off. I agree with the decision. Go into the half up 7, regroup, and come out strong in the 2nd.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
At least give it to Norwood. Didn't see much sense in not running a play.

Status
Not open for further replies.