Game Thread: Illinois vs Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 players for nebby making all the plays. Do we know who they are?

Had a defender in front of him, one on one, and we lost. Again.

Lovie’s performance today was terrible but firing that man won’t solve all of our issues. Our kids get beat man on man far too often.

Bverdec

West Palm Beach, FL
Lovie's D doesn't work in the college game! Peters misses on an easy throw.
The D only works when you have an MLB who covers the middle of the field. Like Brian Urlacher. And 2 monster defense tackles up front who can free up that MLB. Like Ted Washington and Keith Traylor.

I wanted you guys to win! I hate Nebraska.. what a play not to lose choke job by smith

Serious question - has there EVER been a time in the Lovie era where there was serious reason for optimism when facing decent competition?

The D only works when you have an MLB who covers the middle of the field. Like Brian Urlacher. And 2 monster defense tackles up front who can free up that MLB. Like Ted Washington and Keith Traylor.

Unfortunately, it’s a lot more complex than that.

We don’t have the players to run this scheme, it’s not even a debate but that’s on Lovie. Recruiting ultimately falls on him.

Had a defender in front of him, one on one, and we lost. Again.

Lovie’s performance today was terrible but firing that man won’t solve all of our issues. Our kids get beat man on man far too often.
You can't hold the defensive players or the coordinator COMPLETELY at fault. They can't be on the field for almost 100 plays. The OC has to manage the game on his side as well and he didn't.

Deleted member 649710

D
Nebraska over 700 yards of offense. What a joke this defense is. :mad::frustrated:

Deleted member 9739

D
I think our defensive players think it's a nighttime scrimmage and they are not allowed to touch the quarterback.

Seriously, we just are not a very good team. Reality sucks.

You can't hold the defensive players or the coordinator COMPLETELY at fault. They can't be on the field for almost 100 plays. The OC has to manage the game on his side as well and he didn't.

You apparently missed my post a page or two ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.