Game Thread: Illinois vs Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
Already 7 offensive boards for the good guys. Nebraska is lacking size, I see a lot of elbow push offs On drives to try to create space, refs haven't called anything other than that tech Nebraska just picked up after that basket.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I switched from my orange to my grey Flying Illini t-shirt before the PeeSU game.. because losing streak.

I'm staying with the grey because roads are grey and we win on the road.

Flawless logic.

I don’t understand why as shooting so many bricks.. and 3s kofi isn’t getting any touches. Lol they gave it to him 2 times and he made good moves. Same with gb we just can’t make easy buckets.

Ayo may be the best I have ever seen...at least in an Illini uniform...at going full speed which is faster than most and laying it up softly at the rim. Very difficult as you have seen Nebraska having trouble with it.

Deleted member 656517

D
Making it 14 min until committing a foul is the craziest thing I’ve seen all season

Ayo's body control going a 100 mph is what separates him from the rest of college guards. It's why he will success at the next level. His ability to get to the crease of the rim is the best I've ever seen at Illinois.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
the thing that made GB so much better than expected last year was his incredible touch around the rim. seems to have lost all of that for whatever reason. BU needs to leave him out there for 30+ min tonight to work it out

Defensive intensity is paying off while we are throwing bricks from the arc. I don't mind the 3s as they need to get the misses out of the system and find the range for a big finish to the season. The right guys are shooting but the only three is from Dre who really should not be shooting from there. Griffin and Frazier need to adjust fire (I am an old field artillery officer you should know).

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
My way too early 20-21 prognostication: AG will replace Ayo as our GO TO guy next season. Kofi may lead in scoring but AG will be the guy who can take his defender off the dribble.

I know this horse is dead, but i still can't believe the staff couldn't find a way to get Tevian engaged enough to earn a role in this rotation. His skillset would help tremendously.

the thing that made GB so much better than expected last year was his incredible touch around the rim. seems to have lost all of that for whatever reason. BU needs to leave him out there for 30+ min tonight to work it out
Yea, there is something really wrong there. I believe it is more mental than anything, He's thinking about it too much and just needs to play basketball. Agreed this is the game to work the kinks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.