Game Thread: Illinois vs Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offensively....we are fair on good nights and poor on bad ones... Feliz and Ayo layups..occasional three by Griffin or Trent
I think it looks worse than it is due to the missed bunnies. If those were converted....add another 10-12 points on and take a few from Nebraska because they're scoring in transition off of those misses. It's been the case all year.

I've seen Feliz and Kofi come down with a shared rebound 3 times in this game, only to have Kofi RIP it away.

I'm not sure what to think of that.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
We are not a good passing team. Hesitant, not crisp, and lazy at times.

I've seen Feliz and Kofi come down with a shared rebound 3 times in this game, only to have Kofi RIP it away.

Kofi also is looking for his shot. So...I'll take it. It's Kofi's rebound if it's in his hands.

They don’t give half rebounds. 😁

Not what I am seeing...every pass seems off target with guys having to reach off balance to catch it.
You are wrong.jpg

Nebraska has led for roughly 0:00 so far this game. Why am I afraid they get their only lead at the buzzer.

The board kind of reflects the attitude of this game vs Nebraska, right? If TF hits that bomb right before the half vs Michigan State or Maryland, there would be a full page dedicated to it. Today, a SportsCenter top 10 was a blip on the radar. Lol

I think it looks worse than it is due to the missed bunnies. If those were converted....add another 10-12 points on and take a few from Nebraska because they're scoring in transition off of those misses. It's been the case all year.
You are right..our big guys are too slow to get their shots off..get swarmed then can't finish or pass out

Giorgi is costing us a dozen points a game...Tev gets in and takes a shot Brad doesn't like and Tev doesn't play for 3 weeks...don't get it

They are battling for team rebounding leader....Kofi with 6...Feliz with 5.

Kipper has had some nice momentum-swing plays in our direction. Kudos to him.

I hate to be the guy who quotes himself, but put me down one more time for a 14+ point win.

This board is like some kind of disturbing cosplay convention whereeveryone comes dressed as Eeyore
If you can work Eeyore into a sports thread comment you're probably doing something right.
It's not our shooting or passing that keeps us in games.
We rebound and we defend.
We're pretty bad at everything else relative to the rest of the conference.
Hell if someone DOES get a hot hand and drops a couple threes, the coach will sit him down at the first opportunity.
It's a head scratcher that I've been trying to figure out all season.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Apparently we should just blindfold Frazier and make him shoot while moving with a hand in his face from center court.

I mean we take a terrible shot, defend well, and then miss a layup to give up an easy two.
That's pretty much us in a nutshell.
Oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.