Game Thread: Illinois vs New Mexico State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 631370

D
Great take by Tejon. Good ball movement there.

Deleted member 631370

D
TJL! Love the aggression so far.

If we're aggressive, we can win this game. But have to stay aggressive. The lulls are what kill us.

Deleted member 652352

D
Lofton. Man, that kid is a punk. That's a dirty foul

Deleted member 652352

D
If we only started games the way we do second halves.

Deleted member 631370

D
Aggressiveness has been the difference. If we attack, attack, attack, good things happen. Way too tentative in the first half. Now, we're playing our brand of basketball.

NMSU looks rattled.

Really hope I get to eat my words :)

chief78

Florida
You can insert Coach K in there right now, and it doesn't change the matter of what's occurring.

We need to give NMSU credit. They are a pretty good team and they are attacking tenaciously. We, on the other hand, cannot defend in the paint. We are turnover prone. And we are very poor beyond the arc. All of that is coming to a head at once.

NMSU is probably better than us. And they're playing far more aggressively tonight. Just stating the obvious at this point in time.

you were saying.....

Deleted member 236589

D
If we only started games the way we do second halves.

Thats an issue the players have to figure out. It shouldn't take a Knute Rockne speech before every game to get them locked in and excited. I know that drives BU crazy. He's commented numerous times that he's not used to being around a dead locker room. One of those kids has to take the bull by the balls and be a vocal leader BEFORE tipoff.

Deleted member 4960

D
Well right back in it. I wish we would come out and play well in the 1st half. Why did t take BU lose his mind to make you play, I just don't get it.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Fantastic first five minutes of the second half

Deleted member 4960

D
BU looks like he is having heart stresd

Amazing what defensive pressure and quickness can do to a team during the course of a game.

leron has been forcing in the post, good shot there though

I feel like Lucas gets ripped on a lot but I feel like he should not get ripped on a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.