Game Thread: Illinois vs North Carolina A&T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like seeing Ayo pass a little on penetration. Really liked the play against zone where Damonte cut to the free throw line, then fed Ayo.

Otherwise, Kofi appropriately dominant, good to see Trent and DW hitting threes.

Rebounding is uninspired to say the least, as is three point defensive effort.

Bailey

Los Angeles
I legit don’t get why everyone cares so much about a kid who has been suspended 2 times and can’t guard anything. It bewilders me why a kid should come back from his second suspension and fans just wanna insert back into the rotation.
We struggle from 3 and he can shoot. What's hard to understand?

I legit don’t get why everyone cares so much about a kid who has been suspended 2 times and can’t guard anything. It bewilders me why a kid should come back from his second suspension and fans just wanna insert back into the rotation.
Because he’s the athlete and “get your own shot” guy that this team desperately needs. Should we just toss him aside and say transfer because he made a few mistakes? Just a fan that wants to see him succeed.

He has shown signs of being good at putting the ball in the hoop, which is something this team needs.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road

hard to argue with that... but let me try:
1. We’re thin at his position
2. He can shoot
3. He can jump
4. He might be an impact player with huge upside but can’t get on the floor

It’s like the general in war games said, “I’d piss on a spark plug if I thought it’d do any good.”

hard to argue with that... but let me try:
1. We’re thin at his position
2. He can shoot
3. He can jump
4. He might be an impact player with huge upside but can’t get on the floor

It’s like the general in war games said, “I’d piss on a spark plug if I thought it’d do any good.”
He’s a 30% three shooter. I just don’t know what jumping has to do when he’s a below average defender and rebounder as well.

Bailey

Los Angeles
I'm cool with this half just being haymakers between Haygood and Kofi

He’s a 30% three shooter. I just don’t know what jumping has to do when he’s a below average defender and rebounder as well.
4 star recruit.. riding the bench? Here has to play in order to see what he's capable of... he hasn't even been given that chance yet... when he did he shined against Maryland.. His issues are normal for kids his age... He should be playing period...

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
I get it, sneaky John ekey. I don’t think it’s that big a deal, buddy. Don’t let it ruin Christmas.

4 star recruit.. riding the bench? Here has to play in order to see what he's capable of... he hasn't even been given that chance yet... when he did he shined against Maryland.. His issues are normal for kids his age... He should be playing period...
Stars mean nothing once you hit a campus. And he hasn’t been given a chance cause of his own problems- not the coaches. I just don’t get the hype is all, because even when he has played he’s had like 1 really good game and then fans point to it as some form of validation. Lots of parents yelling at the coach about playing time energy in this thread.

Not sure what why Underwood not giving Tevian BvB minutes or bench today stupid makes no sense.

He’s a lazy defender. Immediately after his basket he gave up a three on lazy defense and you could see BU go berserk on the bench.

He’s a 30% 3-point shooter who doesn’t rebound, doesn’t play defense, and often doesn’t know where to be on offense.

And no, his issues aren’t normal for kids his age. At least not for D1 scholarship athletes.

I’m sure he would be better with more playing time- but that’s his own fault. He will essentially be a sophomore next year in experience. Hopefully, he will stay and figure out how to play defense.

I love an Illini blowout as much as anyone but dominating a smaller team is not something that gives me confidence knowing what we will face in the Big Ten. If trent GB and perhaps Alan dont become more of our offense we will struggle. Mizzou showed our opponents the blueprint way of defending us with heavy perimeter pressure and hitting the glass hard. Go Illini.

Bailey

Los Angeles
Ayo looks like a lottery pick.
When he plays against Division II talent.
I don't get why Illini "fans" hold Ayo's draft stock against him. You guys realize IU is taking a hit with recruits in part because of how unfair fans were to Langford last year? Let's not, please.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Ok guys sneaky John ekey is right. Tevians not helping. Keep his butt on then bench.

I wonder why Benjamin bvd isn’t getting any minutes. What’s wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.