Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29907

D
Miller - best freshman start since Mark Smith ! heh heh

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Wow. Just. Miller.

giphy.gif

Been watching Illinois basketball for over 50 years, don't think I can remember a team that has this much overall quickness...gonna be fun watching this team grow and improve over the next 3-4 months

sacraig

The desert
19 in first half of first game. (And he missed his first shot).

I don't know what makes me happier: seeing Miller score 19 in the first half or the fact that he has tied our opponent entirely on his own (in other words, our defense).

Miller shooting lights out. I'm impressed. He's going to get a lot of opportunities this year with the opposition focused on Ayo and Kofi. If he, Trent and Damonte can shoot like they've shown at times in the past, that starting lineup could be in the conversation as the best in the nation.

Most impressive play of the game to me was the coleman hawkins dish to miller for the 3

CH got the ball, dribbled, eurostep between two defenders in the lane and then jump cross court pass to miller on the money? That's some magic johnson type stuff at that size.

Hyperbole alert - Miller, 1 and done?
NBA is all about surrounding star players with shooting right now. If he can shoot like this, he'll find his way there whether it's 1 or 4 years, who knows?

Curbelo needs to show he can shoot because good teams will lay off making it 4 against 5.

Quick thoughts:
- our big three are truly that. Three absolute studs
- Damonte continues to do all the right things, and now makes threes
- quiet half for Trent, that’s fine
- Giorgi still missing bunnies, might be the back up 5 this year and that’s it
- curbelo and Hawkins looked as good as you’d want in their first freshman half
- Hope Grandison was just rust/jitters before that made three. He was a hot mess his first three minutes on the floor

1st half overall hot take: Covid is the top threat to our Natty.

Status
Not open for further replies.