Game Thread: Illinois vs North Carolina A&T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s a cupcake, but as has been said before, it’s nice to see us destroy a cupcake the way we are supposed to.

Defense looks outstanding. Hustle looks outstanding. Shooting will come and go, but those two things travel with you.

IlliniReb

Dallas-Fort Worth
If he shoots 40+% from 3 while playing elite defense this year, it’s a very real possibility. But let’s hold off until we see some real competition.
No doubt. Tongue was firmly in cheek with that comment (thus, hyperbole alert). But very excited with what he has shown this half!!

foby

Bonnaroo Land
14 assists on 19 made shots. I like it.

altenberger22

South Carolina
I went back and checked our Wake Forest box score from December 2004.....

We shot 56% for the entire game against WF vs. 52% in just the first half of this one. We also did it against the #1 team in the nation!!!

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Freshman debut scoring record going down in 3....2...

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
The Froshmen don’t look very frosh-ie. Ayo looks bigger and is hitting 3s. Miller looks bigger than I thought and apparently doesn’t miss. Coleman and Curbelo look so poised and smart. Frankly I expected a lot but Im still pleasantly surprised. Speed, smarts, shooting, ball movement, rebounding. I get that the competition isn’t great - but still. It’s all there and will get better. Stay healthy and there’s no ceiling.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Officiating is fine but am I imagining the whistles are slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.