Game Thread: Illinois vs Northwestern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the two missed free throws he played pretty well. He doesn't seem to have any confidence with his offense.

He's very robotic on the offensive end. Defensively, he got beat backdoor once or twice, but we were playing very aggressively on ball, and there should be help in those scenarios. I thought he did a good job of sticking his man, though. He's definitely focused on that end. Just need to get him comfortable on O.

Black is showing flashes of being the player I've hoped he would be

Deleted member 9739

D
With Northwestern's foul trouble, we had our hands on their throat in the first half, but didn't squeeze.

I'm afraid we will pay for that in the second half.

illini80

Forgottonia
This team belongs to TJL. Completely changes the dynamic when he is in there. On both ends.

Just when I was thinking how awesome it would be to win out and win 3 games in the BTT and get into the Tourney, Groce calls time out, doesn't put our ONLY ball handler in the game, and draws up no play at all....lose out so there is no doubt what Whitman should do.

SuperMetroid

Evanston
This opening 4 minute stretch where we couldn't get any separation is gonna come back to bite us.

Black has been good today. Hill is struggling. NW has the type of defenders that give Hill fits. Hopefully he can figure it our.

TJL looking good again. If he straightens out his FTs he will have a well rounded offensive game.

Explain why we could not play with this kind of intensity from the beginning of the year

Refs need to let these kids play. The foul calling is beyond ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.