Game Thread: Illinois vs Northwestern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 236589

D
At some point it's on the staff. Try something different.
I disagree. The staff and referees get blamed for just about everything (all coaching staffs/all sports).....at some point it's on the players to execute for 40 full minutes. Almost 30 games in, the players need to be able to adjust and be held accountable. The staff didn't put them up 12 points and they didn't give points back.

Just my opinion of course.

Bailey

Los Angeles
I disagree. The staff and referees get blamed for just about everything (all coaching staffs/all sports).....at some point it's on the players to execute for 40 full minutes. Almost 30 games in, the players need to be able to adjust and be held accountable. The staff didn't put them up 12 points and they didn't give points back.

Just my opinion of course.

They have control over halftime routines though. Maybe get them out on the floor earlier, I don't know. But the energy flat more often than not.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
LOL @ the entire AH crowd collectivly "NOOOO" when Giorgi faked the three.....

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
I'm without TV and radio at the moment. Why is Trent limping, and if he is, why do I see his name still showing up in the app feed?
He seemed to land awkwardly, went out, and came back in. He seems fine.

Deleted member 236589

D
They have control over halftime routines though. Maybe get them out on the floor earlier, I don't know. But the energy flat more often than not.
Now that I absolutely agree with. Quite often, the urgency isn't there coming out of the locker room. It's maddening.....no doubt about it.

t7nich

Central IL
I'm without TV and radio at the moment. Why is Trent limping, and if he is, why do I see his name still showing up in the app feed?

He came back in after tweaking his ankle I believe

Giorgi has been bad lately. I know it's not fair to him for me to be so critical. BUT after what he's shown he's capable of, these last few games have been so disappointing.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
It's time to play mistake free, close out the game basketball for 5 minutes.

Law didn’t get a flagrant. If there is a flagrant, that was one. Trent blew past. Law tripped, stopping the layup.

3DegreeIllini

Chicago,IL
Now that I absolutely agree with. Quite often, the urgency isn't there coming out of the locker room. It's maddening.....no doubt about it.

I very much doubt BU isn’t doing everything he can to impress upon this team the urgency just given his general demeanor.

Agree that we seem to come out flat.

Deleted member 236589

D
Giorgi has been bad lately. I know it's not fair to him for me to be so critical. BUT after what he's shown he's capable of, these last few games have been so disappointing.
What's happened is that he's become part of the opposing teams focal point in their game prep. So he's seeing more thrown at him and at times he looks confused. With experience, he'll also adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.