Game Thread: Illinois vs Northwestern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
Why not decline that holding penalty?!?! Clock was stopped and it would’ve been 4th down. Instead, about a minute ran off the clock and Lovie had to use a timeout. Maddening.

Roundtree making an appearance here right now. Cool. I hope we can use it to pull off some magic!

Deleted member 651864

D
i'm watching the class 6A championship game on split screen and East St Louis QB is better than anything we have.

Let’s be honest the refs have been horrible.....that being said I’m not sure what is worse....the performance by the team...or the lack of fan support...I mean bowl eligible and what like 1000 fans horrible....wish I lived closer not in Florida lol....just a very big let down today

How does our defense play Iowa strong, and than NW runs through us like crap through the proverbial goose? There must be averaging 6 or 7 yards per carry. A really piss poor display on both sides of the ball.

Let’s be honest the refs have been horrible.....that being said I’m not sure what is worse....the performance by the team...or the lack of fan support...I mean bowl eligible and what like 1000 fans horrible....wish I lived closer not in Florida lol....just a very big let down today
To be fair, the weather is absolutely awful... and if I weren't in the 700's, I'd be reconsidering due to the weather also.

It seems like every Illinois season ends in a disappointing manner, even our good seasons

Zero fight in these "Fighting" Illini today, but coaches and refs doing us absolutely no favors, either. *sigh*
It's really, really hard to execute a scheme when you're getting dominated on the line of scrimmage. It hasn't been just a play or two. It's been four full quarters. It's a matter of your guys upfront making plays or causing havoc. They've done nothing. Even in plays that they've stopped, the NW QB and RBs have plowed forward for an additional 3 or 4 yards.

It was just an uninspired effort. Now, if you want to blame that on the coaches, that is debatable.

This might be one of the worst games that I have ever watched. Everything has just been awful. Officiating, play calling, offense, defense, special teams. I understand that we’re bowling, but we need more talent and better coaches for this team.

This basically kills the momentum they built up in the last month. Injuries or not, this should have been a win.

Deleted member 652352

D
He isn't going to get a chance because we can't get the NU offense off the field on FOURTH AND FIVE.

You mean when their fourth string QB hands it off to a freshman RB?

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Rod Smith’s offense took a real step back this year. Crazy considering it was the bright spot last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.