Game Thread: Illinois vs Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29907

D
Hopefully the difference comes from our use of more players to apply pressure vs them. ie - more foul trouble on PSU

That backdoor lob has been open 3 times at least - DMW needs to throw it

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 746317

D
God, I wish that Giorgi would have made that Michael Jordan take ...

Very disappointing to see Penn St. are the aggressors today. They’re doing to us what we usually do to other teams (pushing our offense way out past the 3 point line). We need to attack attack attack.

Defensively, seems like we are playing well and they’ve just made some unexpected late-shot-clock threes.

Offensively, they’ve got us out of sorts right now. Ayo has tried, and failed, to hero-ball us through that. Would like to see more Giorgi in the post to work through it.

Deleted member 746317

D
Yeah it feels like we’re hanging on for dear life here. Would love to see someone for the good guys take control.

To my eyes … we look good so far. We are absolutely executing our offense and are playing good D. The game stats for TOs, rebounds, etc. are dead even. PSU just shooting better right now. AYO not ramped up yet, but I think Trent and Feliz are doing a nice job balancing the floor against what Giorgi is doing.

Deleted member 746317

D
To my eyes … we look good so far. We are absolutely executing our offense and are playing good D. The game stats for TOs, rebounds, etc. are dead even. PSU just shooting better right now. AYO not ramped up yet, but I think Trent and Feliz are doing a nice job balancing the floor against what Giorgi is doing.

Edit at 5:50 mark … In the beginning, we were playing good D and their takes would just good individual efforts and examples of what our D style gives other teams. Also at this point (now 4:30 mark) we are no longer executing our offense ....

1550943876827.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pathetic. Can't stay in front of anybody. Missing shots. Ayo benched. Worst game in a month so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.