Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin
Illinois vs Purdue
8:00pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

Danville,IL
All the old people complained ( A Section) last time. Almost gave half of them a heart attack when the fireworks went off.

Champaign
All the old people complained ( A Section) last time. Almost gave half of them a heart attack when the fireworks went off.
This is a tough situation. A couple years back someone on the SFC (then Assembly Hall) staff told me that they don't dim/turn off the lights during the lineup introductions because of the elders trying to find their way to their seats down in A-section. I personally would love as many fireworks, light shows, etc. as possible, but I'm young. I mean, what can you do? Ask the old people to deal with it?

Seriously? That was a way we had an edge is recruiting. Who else comes out to fire works or anything like that?
UK. Big shocker there, right? I was actually watching their game a couple days before the IU game and saw the fireworks. I just thought, man they are so far ahead of everyone else. That's why I was so shocked and happy to see us use fireworks. Every little detail helps.

This is a tough situation. A couple years back someone on the SFC (then Assembly Hall) staff told me that they don't dim/turn off the lights during the lineup introductions because of the elders trying to find their way to their seats down in A-section. I personally would love as many fireworks, light shows, etc. as possible, but I'm young. I mean, what can you do? Ask the old people to deal with it?
Uh yeah. Who's more important? Impressing recruits or keeping old people happy?

Champaign
Uh yeah. Who's more important? Impressing recruits or keeping old people happy?
That's what I'm saying... but they're also the I-Fund members paying $100 a game for the A-Section seats. :confused: :D

4th & Chalmers, a few years ago...Now? Weeki Wach
So.....old people can get their early for the "early bird" special at the restaurants, but they can't get to their seats early?

But I give 'em credit, out to root the Illini on!!!

Champaign
I give 'em credit, out to root the Illini on!!!
Yeah. I guess what I mean is the elders are the ones coming to games to root for the Illini and the ones helping fund the whole operation, but at the same time can you let 30% of the crowd's health (or lackthereof) affect your pregame festivities? What if an old lady falls down a flight of stairs if it's dark?

Tough call IMO. Although I'll gladly trade my 200-level season tix for some A-section ones if any elders would like to switch with me... :D

Decatur, IL
UK. Big shocker there, right? I was actually watching their game a couple days before the IU game and saw the fireworks. I just thought, man they are so far ahead of everyone else. That's why I was so shocked and happy to see us use fireworks. Every little detail helps.

If kentucky is doing, so should we. We need it and we gotta get a hand up. Next season we better see fireworks, lights off, and some sort of intro video to step it up. Recruits love that crap.

Champaign
So whats the attendance look like tonight?
I'm not there, but the Illini ticket office website is still showing LOTS of A and B-section seats available to buy for tonight's game.

EDIT: They've now taken down their ticket site for this game because it's about to start.

Admin
ILLINI STARTERS

Jaylon Tate
Kendrick Nunn
Malcolm Hill
Leron Black
Nnanna Egwu

Not sure why I'm saying this, but I think we win tonight. The guys come out with a lot of fight, neutralize PU's inside game and get quality contributions from MH and KN to win 59-56. Zone frustrates PU throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.