Game Thread: Illinois vs Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Front Range
Is this as painful to watch for you all as it is for me? My wife just said I looked sick...

Maybe I had too much hope for this game but I thought we had a real chance.

Is this as painful to watch for you all as it is for me? My wife just said I looked sick...

Maybe I had too much hope for this game but I thought we had a real chance.
I keep my Illini fandom at arm's length sometimes (I just get a little too serious about it), but yeah, this is terrible.

Terrible play calling
I agree... Epstein should have 5-7 carries by now. Call some designed RB runs on 1st, 2nd down. Honestly Bush has not played that bad given the calls he has had. I loved Smith's playcalls on the first two drives and some of the almost scoring drive, but the rest has been garbage.

Man, Brohm really letting Blough have it on the sideline...wonder if that approach might work with the Illini once in a while.
Eh, you would have a lot of upset fans here, they are already worried about how Underwood treats the players. (Rolls eyes)

Geneseo, IL
I'm not smart enough to know if it's the scheme or just bad personnel on the defense. One thing I don't understand is that we clearly have some very talented defensive lineman that just disappear for long stretches.

Status
Not open for further replies.