Game Thread: Illinois vs Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it's already been done and stated the obvious, the AD should pay some fancy consultants a lot of money to analyze and report on
  1. How and why we aren't a factor with in-state talent in either revenue sport
  2. Why current students and alumni are generally disengaged
The short and easy answers are we're trash, the chief's removal, and "Chicago is a pro sports town", but it'd be beneficial to know how we got here and what can be done to get students and fans into the games.

Are there NCAA rules & regulations governing ticket prices or is generating revenue to maintain MS/SFC preventing the AD from making tickets free for all students? MS is already empty and SFC's attendance has fallen off, I think. Give those tickets away, make the food and drinks cheaper, and sell beer. Recruits aren't sold by thin crowds and losing teams.

There's the big break we've been looking for! :thumb:

Why does Illinois consistently celebrate decent plays when they are down by 30. I get that interceptions are great and all, but there is no reason to celebrate when youre down 30.

It makes me think of a soccer team being down 2-0. When the losing team scores the first goal, they take the ball out the back of the net and run it back to midfield so they can get started again.

Why the hell does Bush think he is the best runner on this team?

Bush is frustrating. He may need to be told to hand off the ball.

Bush is like the selfish point guard who takes every shot. He thinks hes the best player on the team, but he might not even be on the top five.

I want to see MJ Rivers. Going into the season I thought Lovie should get 2019 no matter what, but if this continues I might change my mind.

Lovies defensive handbook: Fold don’t bend

Step 1. Same vanilla base every play
Step 2. Do not blitz
Step 3. Give receivers 6 yard cusion
Step 4. Pray for boredom to set in on QB, get pick
Step 5. Profit

All that's missing right now is Alan Ball trash-talking a WR after getting burned for a 60-yard TD.

Just to beat the dead horse ...

Bush has 20 carries at 1.2 yards per carry.
The rest of the team has 7 carries at 4 yards per carry.

Against Penn State
MJ Rivers had 10 carries at 2.4 yard per carry.
The rest of the team had 35 carries at 6.2 yard per carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.