Game Thread: Illinois vs Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
You knew a Matt Painter team is going to come back at you hard....we are answering. They weren't just going to roll over. They were out toughing us for the last several minutes. We gotta keep answering.

Trent is the catalyst for this team IMO.

That was beautiful ball movement....kipper to Kofi to trent to AJ for 2.....all in flow. KiU

GB probably should be a backup to KC....no more, no less. 10-12 minutes per game. He's just not skilled enough to do what they are asking him to do.

Except that we don’t have a better option at the four. It’s Giorgi, Kipper, Damonte, Jones... in that order. It’s really too bad Verdonk didn’t get that foot all the way healed.

I know Kofi missed the shot, but the 15 footer he took in the first half... His form looks so good, if he starts taking and knocking those down, that's a game changer.

I like the group of Frazier, Ayo, Griffin, Kipper and Kofi. As long as Kipper continues to play with confidence

Because it is so Illinois to do so. It's as simple as that.
It also doesn’t make sense how we aren’t getting any of the calls that are being called on us. Not blaming just want a fair called game. Lol

Except that we don’t have a better option at the four. It’s Giorgi, Kipper, Damonte, Jones... in that order. It’s really too bad Verdonk didn’t get that foot all the way healed.
I actually don't think Kipper has played that bad. It's a confidence thing with him. I think he brings more to the game at the 4 than GB.

I hear it said a lot that we don’t have any good shooters but this kid Frazier looks really good. Is this a one time thing for him?

I actually don't think Kipper has played that bad. It's a confidence thing with him. I think he brings more to the game at the 4 than GB.

I think there are certain matchups where Kipper is better than Giorgi at the four. I would’ve thought we’d need Giorgi there tonight for Purdue‘s size. But i agree KN has provided more tonight. Either way, we don’t have 40 minutes of quality at the 4 to afford Giorgi only playing back up 5.

I hear it said a lot that we don’t have any good shooters but this kid Frazier looks really good. Is this a one time thing for him?

no he’s been our best percentage shooter by a mile so teams guard him tight, so he doesn’t get off as many as we’d like. Because others haven’t hit at a high enough percentage teams can help from other places and make sure they always guard Trent.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
source.gif

azillini1

Scottsdale
Houston is proving that he deserves the minutes. Frazier is making us look like a better team tonight.

no he’s been our best percentage shooter by a mile so teams guard him tight, so he doesn’t get off as many as we’d like. Because others haven’t hit at a high enough percentage teams can help from other places and make sure they always guard Trent.

Gotcha, thanks Five.

That dunk Kofi through down in the first half was awesome. We look good today.

It's nice to see that we are not the only team that has a patent on missing shots. Purdue's shooting looks like us against MSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.