Game Thread: Illinois vs Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
QB Brandon Peters, TE Griffin Moore out for next 3 games (Pur, Min, at Rut) with positive covid test (they are eligible to return Nov. 21 vs Nebraska).

Many other players out next 2 games (Pur, Min) via contact tracing (they are eligible to return Nov. 14 at Rutgers). The exact players out with contact tracing is unknown.

Illinois vs Purdue
11:00am CT
Radio
Live Stats
BTN

Last edited:

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
I don't believe Red minds being alone out there on the plaza. His accomplishments have been singular for nearly a century and (IIRC) no one has equaled them.

Dan

Admin
QB Brandon Peters, TE Griffin Moore out for next 3 games (Pur, Min, at Rut) with positive covid test (they are eligible to return Nov. 21 vs Nebraska).

Many other players out next 2 games (Pur, Min) via contact tracing (they are eligible to return Nov. 14 at Rutgers). The exact players out via contact tracing is unknown.

Last edited:

JBtheTrill

Springfield, IL
1604156130854.gif

Go Nats 88 Illini

Fairfax, VA
Peters and Moore out 21 days with positive tests. About a dozen others out today for tracing (including Williams)

redwingillini11

North Aurora
Good lord man. How is this game happening? And how does the team wait until today to announce this??

And to whomever said in the last thread that my insider status has been revoked: I’ve never claimed to be an insider. I never claimed to know what was going on. All I did was conjecture that everything looked fine because what team announces 1 hour before the game that half the team is out.

IlliniReb

Dallas-Fort Worth
Good lord man. How is this game happening? And how does the team wait until today to announce this??

And to whomever said in the last thread that my insider status has been revoked: I’ve never claimed to be an insider. I never claimed to know what was going on. All I did was conjecture that everything looked fine because what team announces 1 hour before the game that half the team is out.
Smart of Illinois to not announce their starting QB is out until now. Purdue hasn’t watched film and prepared for Robinson.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
This shouldn't be a surprise, but it's still crazy to see.

Dan

Admin
List of players unavailable for next week's Minnesota game is big as well, as contact tracing makes them unavailable until game 4 at Rutgers.

I don’t understand; what are the criteria for deciding between “play game without these players” and “cancel game”?

altenberger22

South Carolina
If allowed at this late stage, I'm changing my prediction:

Purdue 167 (they miss 1 xtra point as kicker tires late in 4th quarter)
Illinois 3

Previous guess was 48-27.

blackdog

Champaign
I don’t understand; what are the criteria for deciding between “play game without these players” and “cancel game”?

I don't know the exact numbers but there are hard limits built in about the number of players and staff that test positive. I think with only two positive tests we aren't close to that number.

I don't know the exact numbers but there are hard limits built in about the number of players and staff that test positive. I think with only two positive tests we aren't close to that number.
I think the difference is the number of players out due to contact tracing. We only have 2 players tested positive. Wisconsin has 12 players and 10 staff (last count I've seen). If we're holding out 12 for tracing from our 2 positives, how many players would they still have available?

Edit: Heard on the telecast that only 7 players are being held out for tracing. The other 5 are out due to injury.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29907

D
List of players unavailable for next week's Minnesota game is big as well, as contact tracing makes them unavailable until game 4 at Rutgers.
Why are our 1st and 2nd string QBs any where near each other during the week? Or is this because of Kramer???

SuperMetroid

Evanston
I’m starting to wonder why this season is being played at all at this point. We had 100k positive cases reported yesterday so it’s not going to get better anytime soon. :unsure:

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
A couple of 1st downs in the first drive for Matt Robinson. Beats a 3 and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.