Game Thread: Illinois vs Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29907

D
yeah, wouldn't it be nice of our D to say " Hey, our offense really needs us to step up big today" - welp, guess that wasn't what they are thinking

Well, Purdue figured out already to throw the ball over the middle. Linebackers get sucked up and are in no man’s land time and time again.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
I never played football, I was a basketball player. However, I think I could probably throw for a couple hundred yards against this defense.

I'm so sick of Lovie's defense. It hasn't worked here. I thought he was supposed to be defensive genius?

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
...and that goes to show how time of possession is basically a bs stat.

yeah, wouldn't it be nice of our D to say " Hey, our offense really needs us to step up big today" - welp, guess that wasn't what they are thinking
This is going to be ugly. This is on Lovie, the D is constantly out of position. As much as I like Lovie, we need a younger coach who has energy.

Deleted member 29907

D
They are going to stack the box. Nice change at least QB. Robinson was afraid to throw the ball and when he did it was very weak.

Opposing QBs: 23 of their last 24 attempts have been completed... and counting.

Prediction: Taylor will fumble at least once this game.

So, I haven't followed the football team much. I joined the site to read/comment on basketball. But naturally, as a person who bleeds orange and blue, I want the football team to do well. Can someone explain to me, in a few sentences, why Lovie hasn't turned this around? I don't know the sport or the context well enough to understand why we just aren't very good. Thank you!

So, I haven't followed the football team much. I joined the site to read/comment on basketball. But naturally, as a person who bleeds orange and blue, I want the football team to do well. Can someone explain to me, in a few sentences, why Lovie hasn't turned this around? I don't know the sport or the context well enough to understand why we just aren't very good. Thank you!
Can't recruit, can't coach a defense against modern college offenses.

Sawicky

Chicago, IL
Rod really needs to be fired. His play calling makes Nagy look like a genius. Also Lovie needs to hire a DC and just be a head coach. This defense is so bad and full of open holes

Status
Not open for further replies.