Game Thread: Illinois vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we blow them out tonight! The win the other night made these guys hungry. This will be a beauty to watch.

BirdDog9048

The Chief Lives
Chicago, IL
DWill is on campus and talked to the team during practice yesterday. Hopefully that fires them up and they put in a complete 40 minute performance.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I think we blow them out tonight! The win the other night made these guys hungry. This will be a beauty to watch.

I hope you're right, Kathy.

According to Kenpom, Rutgers has the #304 offense, #13 defense, and #247 tempo. It sounds like they try to slow things down and hope that their terrible offense can get it done. If we get pulled into their game plan, it could be an ugly one for both teams.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
I am the epitome of a captive audience with Illinois BBall (and FB), so any win is just fantastic. I think I'll feel fantastic tonight.

Brillini

Chicago
I hope you're right, Kathy.

According to Kenpom, Rutgers has the #304 offense, #13 defense, and #247 tempo. It sounds like they try to slow things down and hope that their terrible offense can get it done. If we get pulled into their game plan, it could be an ugly one for both teams.

Valid points. Rutgers also doesn't turn the ball over much. Ranked 27th in the country at just over 11 TOs per game. We have certainly turned some opponents over more than they are accustomed to, but we haven't done it to everyone. The live ball turnovers we create are often our best offense. All things considered, I have a feeling that it will be a close, ugly, low-scoring game. Vegas total is a paltry 133.5. I think there’s a good chance that it even goes under that.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
If we have the energy we've shown before on defense, Rutgers should struggle to score.

I'll set the over/under on shot clock violations at 5.
Then I'll take the over!

:illinois:

It's hard to imagine this with an 11-11 (1-8) team, but I'll be damn disappointed if this team loses to Rutgers tonight.

With the winless monkey of their back I think they comfortably, 66 - 52 good guys.

Kipper is starting tonight.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

breadman

Herndon, VA
Kipper is starting tonight.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This will certainly be interesting. Kipper is capable. Nothing is set in stone for BU and his staff this year, at least. And, in this unique season's case, as it should be. Looking forward to it. BU has ssaid that DMW has tht "it" thing about his game. I have always held that Kipper also has that "it" thing about his game.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
If there was ever a time to turn the corner, this might be the easiest corner we'll get.

A Vegas total of 133.5 in a UI RU game? How many beach houses can i bet the under on.

I will take the over on that one, we will keep our streak going :)o), or Sanders will abuse us and either way the over is in play!

Illini_1979

Oregon
At least we play the early game so we don't have to wait for the game before us to end.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Back from some serious surgery. Question from recent closed line of posts: who is the Rob referenced in trying to establishing a presence? Is that McColley? Thanks.

It's McColley. New YouTube rules are making it more difficult for smaller channels to survive.

Dan

Admin
Starters-

Frazier
Alstork
Kipper
Black
Finke

Status
Not open for further replies.