Game Thread: Illinois vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rutgers info of interest:

1) Their players speak 9 diff languages. Talk of international players
2) 6th tallest team in D1

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Feels like this game is heading for the under (143.5). These feelings are likely impacted by me watching these other B1G games.

Last edited:
Feels like this game is heading for the under (143.5). These feelings are likely impacted by me watching these other B1G games.

I’d put a beach house on the over. Completely depends on our shooting.

UI 88
RU 72

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Ruh roh....Trent fire watch...

Deleted member 746317

D
Against MSU, I noticed Feliz on defense -- and now today, Trent -- frequently straight-arming or putting forearms into the ball handler to preempt a first step or slow them down. Honest question: why aren't those called fouls? Refs are looking right at it and not making a call, so it seems likely there's something I'm not following … Is this the guard equivalent of fairly battling for position?

Deleted member 746317

D
Crazy start, eh? Like TF with a green light.

I could be projecting on TF, but I've had a sense that he may be slightly - slightly - sensitive to all the attention Ayo has been getting.

Wow. Game SEEMS wild. I’ll have to ask, anyone at SFC? Is it as chaotic as it seems?

The good: Jordan jam on the break. Frazier 3s, DLR outback.

The bad: one handed alley oop attempt.

The ugly: nothing so far.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
The good: Jordan jam on the break. Frazier 3s, DLR outback.

The bad: one handed alley oop attempt.

The ugly: nothing so far.

But the one bad was one inch from being SC Top Ten. I'll take it.

IlliniReb

Dallas-Fort Worth
I could be projecting on TF, but I've had a sense that he may be slightly - slightly - sensitive to all the attention Ayo has been getting.

Interesting you say that, I'm curious why as I haven't picked up on that. I remember he said several weeks ago in an interview that Ayo was his best friend.

That comment reminded me how incredibly cool it was that Dee would wear Deron's jersey around campus.

Deleted member 645583

D
Watching B10 Elite pregame....It still hurts/ pisses me off to watch the highlights of the 2005 national championship game. F Roy Williams, F UNC
Yeah, Sean May got away with murder, dropping that beefy shoulder all the time. But Illini only made 12 of 40 3-pointers, I just read.

Switching between Pebble Beach and game. Replay is at midnight.

Win, ILLINI!

Def is porous and we can’t hit anything, offense changed when trent sat down

Status
Not open for further replies.