Game Thread: Illinois vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 746317

D
Interesting you say that, I'm curious why as I haven't picked up on that. I remember he said several weeks ago in an interview that Ayo was his best friend.

That comment reminded me how incredibly cool it was that Dee would wear Deron's jersey around campus.

Yeah. Honestly not trying to be negative. I think it's possible to be very happy for your friend's success and at the same time feel a little nervous about being left behind. I'm not sensing (at all) any jealously or sense from Trent that he resents Ayo's success.

Giorgi has been open for the three several times. Took those early and hit them but then not a good percentage. Has he been told not to take them?

Deleted member 746317

D
Giorgi having more success on O with his face to basket rather than back to basket so far. They've been pushing him out on his hook shots. Lot of muscle out there for Rutgers. Really like the fact that Giorgi can go to the hoop - takes me back to his training drill videos during recruitment and may be foreshadowing of more PF play from him next year.

Deleted member 746317

D
Would like to have seen AG get another couple of minutes at this point, but hard to argue that Ayo should not re-enter or that Feliz should come off ….

Giorgi having more success on O with his face to basket rather than back to basket so far. They've been pushing him out on his hook shots. Lot of muscle out there for Rutgers. Really like the fact that Giorgi can go to the hoop - takes me back to his training drill videos during recruitment and may be foreshadowing of more PF play from him next year.

Was thinking the same - that “smooch” drive where he took his man from the top after nothing developed to pass to really showed what he’ll be capable of as a full time “4”.

Deleted member 746317

D
So long as we beat Rutgers today (lol), I think I might start rooting for them in general. I think they are maybe one zippy guard away from being really fun team.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
This is a really good game. Both teams, refs, execution......enjoying.

Another young team that has some talent. Didn't think they shot well but always seem to be cured when playing us.

One team really wants this game, one team thinks they just needed to show up

Status
Not open for further replies.