Game Thread: Illinois vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that concerned yet. Come out of the half strong, bad showing for recruits though.

Deleted member 19448

D
The most Illinois thing ever. Just a bit of momentum and then it will all be flushed against an awful opponent

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
Tied at 10 isn't the worst possible outcome, but it isn't great either.

What has often gotten lost in the conversation is that beating a ranked opponent is significant but an equally important component of turning the corner is no longer doing this. You just can't let this Rutgers team come into your house and roll you. Just. Can't.

Just.

Can't.

Should have moved to the left.

But the read is to the right. If he bails too early, which is what he would have needed in order to get outside the tackle box, he essentially gives up on the play before it’s called. In that case, we should have called a TO.

sinmyp

Back In Robinson!
I am so disappointed in the team this first half. They better come out pissed and put a hurt on this ream.

And yet a fluke game against Wisconsin and a game in the rain that kept Purdue's offense in check will save Lovies job. Looks like business as usual.
I'm with you Illini-Rule. I think the stars aligned the last two weeks, and now it's back to your regularly scheduled programming.

SuperMetroid

Evanston
Hopefully we’re awake now. Really didn’t think we’d be looking past this one but it certainly seems that way so far.

They said never believe that fans coming out doesn't effect a game. It absolutely does. It's no good when a fan sitting on section 101 can have a conversation with a person sitting in section 106. Sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.